User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 350 SRW or DRW

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Inventory on these things is an absolute mess. I find one then its gone the same day. Dealers are holding their cards close for some reason.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RandomTask View Post
    Thanks for the comments from you all! I can't find a 450 in the platinum or limited trim. We need something quick, so I am inclined to get the 350 DRW, and then trade up when the new model 450 DRW comes out.
    To be clear, the 350 DRW is a great truck. I like the 450, but not enough to lose the money on trading up. It's a case of better and best; and better is way more than adequate.
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7L PowerStroke DRW
    2017 Solitude 379FLS

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Inventory on these things is an absolute mess. I find one then its gone the same day. Dealers are holding their cards close for some reason.
    They're in short supply due to the fact a dealer can only order one F450 for every 10-15 F350's he's allowed to order. It's a commodity shortage thing, most of the 450's go to commercial orders which tells you how heavy duty it is. I ordered mine last December and it came in March 1st and the factories shut down two weeks later. If I'd waited a month I still wouldn't have it! Good luck in your search and don't be worried about settling for a 350, it's a very capable truck for the trailer you want.
    2019 Solitude 375RES Onan 5500 Splendide W/D Samsung res. fridge
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum dually 6.7L 4:30 gears
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great news guys! Just found a 450 platinum, near me, same dealer I had a 350 DRW locked into.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great news guys! Just found a 450 platinum, near me, same dealer I had a 350 DRW locked into.
    Nice!! Buy it, it won't last long.
    Jeff

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only problem is that black platinum interior is not quality like the king ranch or Limited....

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only problem is that black platinum interior is not quality like the king ranch or Limited....
    I think you'll be surprised with the Platinum leather. It's meant to be a more "subdued modern looking" leather rather than the over the top King Ranch or Limited interior. The Platinum leather is a softer smoother type leather as well. I've had 2 KR's and 2 Platinums in the last 7 years and the Platinum leather is much easier to take care of. It is real leather too, just call a dealer and get a price for a seat cover replacement, about a grand each cushion for a KR and about 850 for a Platinum. Also all the wood inside on the higher trims is real as well. Enjoy the new ride, you'll love it!
    Jeff

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dive! Dive! Dive! As @Txfivvver says, it probably won't last long. There isn't a 450 on any dealer's lot within 150 miles of north Toronto; likely dozens of dealers just in my area without one and probably few in Canada.

Congratulations, and if it helps you enjoy it more I'm very envious. You won't spend any time in a lesser truck noticing compromises and wishing you'd bought more truck. Smart.
    Last edited by boyscout; 09-16-2020 at 04:25 PM.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    450's are always in short supply. When I found mine in 2017, it was the only Ruby Red one west of the Mississippi. I did get about $8k off fortunately but that was because the dealer was in Nevada. I had to fly to Vegas and drive it back home.
    2017 Ford F450 - our kids call her "Big Red"
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 28bh

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You are okay with SRW in the weight you are pulling, but DRW provides a significant difference in stability. We recently upgraded from SRW to DRW and we'll never go back to SRW.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast