User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We went with the Pullrite (I think) the #2900 but by now the heavier duty up to 23,000 pounds is available. We too have the 2020 GMC 2500 Denial (short bed)and the Receiver hitch has preformed exceptional well. The receiver hitch travels 14" so no fear of hitting the back of your cab. And John install at there plant at no charge (I helped a little)!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hokitect View Post
    We have a 2020 GMC Sierra 2500HD Denali 4x4 Diesel and 6’-10” bed (with the factory gooseneck/ 5th wheel hitch prep). We pull a 2021 Reflection 150 290BH. We’re “recreational users” and selected the B&W Companion hitch (RVK3710) for the factory puck system so I can take the hitch out when not towing and use the full bed. The 290BH has the turning point hitch but it’s in the locked position and behaves like a standard pin box. In 6,000 miles and 15+ campsites (plus a few U-turns) we’ve never needed to make a full 90 degree turn. We’ve been close and I’m going to see how close I can get next time I hook up, but not having a slider hitch or a wedge on the turning point hasn’t been an issue thus far.
    B&W makes a sliding version of the companion for the factory puck system if you’re concerned about getting a guaranteed full 90 without any potential concerns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hokitect, We have basically the same truck in the Chevy line and are looking at purchasing a Reflection 150 260RD. I'm guessing that if you're turning point hitch is locked then if you did need to make a tight turn you would have to unhook and set the wedge and unlock it, then hook back up. Have you tried towing with the turning point activated? Am wondering how different the towing experience would be.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2021 295RL. Ram 2500 diesel CC with short box. Using a B&W Companion hitch (factory puck) with the Turning Point pin box. Installed a custom Curt wedge. Runs have included through the Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains. Very happy with it so far.
    Mike 🏌️⛳️
    2017 Ram 2500 CC, 6.7L Cummins Diesel 🐏
    2022 Solitude S-Class 2930RL-R
    Full-time since 8/9/21

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was going to use a b&w but did not like the setup. Went with an undermount rail from Reese and then a Reese hitch. Works perfect with the turning point on my 2021 295 RL 150 series. I like that I don't have rails in my bed and when I remove the hitch I can use my full bed without any rails getting in the way. I recommend it.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddydb View Post
    I'll get to my question but first a little background...thanks in advance for you replies! I've never owned a fifth wheel or even seen one in action other than videos so it's difficult to picture how all of this works. My wife and I just sold our 175 bunkhouse TT that we pulled with a Tundra that went back on lease. We made the decision to upgrade well over a year ago and the Momentum 21g and 25g toy haulers caught my attention which brought us to Grand Design. Have since decided against the TH and we are 98% of the way there to pulling the trigger on a Reflection 150 268bh. Research on towing the bigger TT or small 5'er landed me on my new truck which is a 2020 GMC 2500 AT4 diesel with a 6'9" bed. The truck has the 5th wheel/Gooseneck prep package with the cutouts in the bed and came with a $500+ hitch package that is the ball and anchors that attach to the connection points in the cutouts for a gooseneck trailer.

Here's the question...Does anyone have this setup and what hitch did you go with, or if you had this truck with the above listed equipment looking at the 268bh with the turning point pinbox, what hitch would you recommend or what hitch are you using with a similar truck. I know there are a million options and that opinions will vary, but from what I understand, the setup on the new gen GMC is different for this year and the 268 is on the smaller side of 5th wheels. Looking for ease of use, portability, and anything that will take the best advantage of my existing equipment.

Again, thanks in advance for your response and I'm one excited soon to be Grand Design owner!
    We have a 2017 2500 with tow package. Opted for BH Companion Hitch. I installed a winch ($99j in my garage ceiling and I just lower the cable with a metal plate at the end, close the the hitch around the plate and lift the entire unit out of the bed. I didnt think there was an Anderson choice that fit the cut outs at that time? Anyway, have the standard bed and we are towing a Reflection 337RLS. Hitch weighs about 150 lbs. No Turn issues. I can pretty much Jack knife it if I wanted to. I’m a little over on payload, but you won’t be with the GD 150.
    Todd Dean
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    2017 Silverado 2500 Gas, std Bed, 2 WD
    BW Companion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddydb View Post
    I'll get to my question but first a little background...thanks in advance for you replies! I've never owned a fifth wheel or even seen one in action other than videos so it's difficult to picture how all of this works. My wife and I just sold our 175 bunkhouse TT that we pulled with a Tundra that went back on lease. We made the decision to upgrade well over a year ago and the Momentum 21g and 25g toy haulers caught my attention which brought us to Grand Design. Have since decided against the TH and we are 98% of the way there to pulling the trigger on a Reflection 150 268bh. Research on towing the bigger TT or small 5'er landed me on my new truck which is a 2020 GMC 2500 AT4 diesel with a 6'9" bed. The truck has the 5th wheel/Gooseneck prep package with the cutouts in the bed and came with a $500+ hitch package that is the ball and anchors that attach to the connection points in the cutouts for a gooseneck trailer.

Here's the question...Does anyone have this setup and what hitch did you go with, or if you had this truck with the above listed equipment looking at the 268bh with the turning point pinbox, what hitch would you recommend or what hitch are you using with a similar truck. I know there are a million options and that opinions will vary, but from what I understand, the setup on the new gen GMC is different for this year and the 268 is on the smaller side of 5th wheels. Looking for ease of use, portability, and anything that will take the best advantage of my existing equipment.

Again, thanks in advance for your response and I'm one excited soon to be Grand Design owner!
    I am similar to you new to the fifth wheel, we bought a 311bhs, and I have a 3500 Denali diesel. I have a curt a20 in the pucks, there is no need for a slider. You will hear people talk about the Curt’s being made in China, so is my iPhone.

You will love the tow package, when you signal the camera on the side mirror displays on the screen.

We’ve towed ours 3500km since the end of July.

As the 150’s are lighter the payload in the 2500 trucks gets impacted with the diesel.

And truck stops with pump DEF are my go too.

Hope this helps

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another vote for B&W Companion hitch. I tow a Reflection 303RLS and the ability to integrate with the pucks in the truck bed is important to me. I have the slider version and it is heavy as hell (274 lbs) and I like knowing it is probably the most heavy duty reliable hitch available. Towing 12K lbs with the only point of contact being the hitch, I’ll pick heavy over light every time.

I installed an electric ceiling hoist in the garage to lift it in/out and I’m able to do it alone with no problem. Takes 10 mins total.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Mark
    2020 Reflection 303RLS 2019 Ram 3500 SRW Laramie HO Cummins
    2018 Flagstaff Shamrock 21SS Hybrid (previous)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234