User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking to buy: Dump valves question on Imagine “4 Seasons” protection

I currently own a 2018 Coachmen Apex 300bhs & we keep it fully operational in our driveway all winter so that family can use it if they come into town. It works great except for the fact that I have to wrap the dump valve pvc with insulation and heat tape every winter to keep them from freezing solid. The underbelly is heated, but the freezing occurs in the foot and a half of exposed PVC where it pops out of the underbelly. I want to buy either an Imagine 2800bh or a 2910bh because of the “enclosed and heated dump valves” feature with the 4 seasons upgrade. Here’s my question: how does the enclosed dump valve system work? Ive seen pictures online where the dump valves hang down outside the underbelly just like any other trailer, so I’m assuming there’s another valve somewhere higher up in a protected area that keeps the sewage/grey water from draining down into that exposed section? I can’t find a video anywhere that explains the dump valve system and how it’s superior to a normal system. Can anyone break it down?
    Last edited by HawkLegion; 09-16-2020 at 12:04 AM.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum.

There is no 4 season upgrade, all GD units have it and it is a forced option, although I dont know if the Trancend line has it. It means there is an enclosed underbelly, some have a more insulation than others in the underbelly and some have tank heaters as well. The heated underbelly only gets heat if the propane furnace is used.

As far as the dump valves, the valves themselves are very close to the tank itself with a remote cable to operate the valve. The discharge pipe on the downstream portion of the valve also travels through some of the underbelly and the end of the pipe comes out of the underbelly to allow sewer hose connection. Since the valve is in the underbelly, the discharge portion of the pipe in theory wouldn't have anything in it, but there is usually some residual fluid left over even after you dump the tanks.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH