User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ram 2500 Short Bed with Reese Goosebox towing Reflection 310RLS

I did a search and did not see anyone with this same setup. I am looking at the 310RLS and thinking about using the Goosebox adapter but getting conflicting information. I know this is a new trailer, but is anyone towing it like this? Any help as to if this is possible would be great. Thanks.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnBeachCouple View Post
    I did a search and did not see anyone with this same setup. I am looking at the 310RLS and thinking about using the Goosebox adapter but getting conflicting information. I know this is a new trailer, but is anyone towing it like this? Any help as to if this is possible would be great. Thanks.
    The 310 Reflection is so new, I do not recall seeing any posts on using a Goosebox with any pickup for that matterall the way . I know there are a number of folks towing with the Goosebox on GDRVs from small fivers all the way to Momentums.

I believe Steve @huntr70 also just got a new 310 Reflection. Possibly Steve will chime in with some feedback.

What conflicting information are you getting ?

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the reply. I will be moving up from a bumper pull. Very new to 5th wheels. I am concerned with the short bed on the RAM (5' 7" bed). I am hoping if I go with the Goosebox and the 4" offset ball that will allow me to keep my rear windows in the truck intact on the turns. From what I can tell on GD info the front cap of that unit is Shorted friendly. But even two different dealers said that it will all just depend and offered no thoughts other than I need to go with a sliding hitch.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the reply. I will be moving up from a bumper pull. Very new to 5th wheels. I am concerned with the short bed on the RAM (5' 7" bed). I am hoping if I go with the Goosebox and the 4" offset ball that will allow me to keep my rear windows in the truck intact on the turns. From what I can tell on GD info the front cap of that unit is Shorted friendly. But even two different dealers said that it will all just depend and offered no thoughts other than I need to go with a sliding hitch.

I tow with a 2019 Ram 3500 cc, 6’4” bed. With a GooseBox on our 337RLS and the 4” extender in the bed, I can’t make a 90* turn. Maybe about 80*. So making cap to cab contact is possible, but for where I’ve camped, avoidable. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3E0448FC-7D95-4210-83B6-A5AFFF2EEF57.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	938.4 KB 
ID:	29552
    Paul and Sue
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, GooseBox hitch
    2019 Ram 3500 Cummins CC SB

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the info. My bed is even shorter so it looks like I will need to go with the slider hitch. I appreciate the information.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the info. My bed is even shorter so it looks like I will need to go with the slider hitch. I appreciate the information.
    Does/Did Ram make a 2500 with the 5'7" bed? Thought that was only on 1500s. Not sure how old your truck is either.
    2018 Reflection 28BH
    Andersen Ultimate Hitch ISR Version
    Predator 3500W Inverter Generator
    2017 Ram 3500 Mega cab SRW w/6.4L Hemi, Ramboxes, Active Air Rear Suspension
    2017 Aluma 8214HS
    2015 Lund Crossover 1775 XS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I feel stupid. So many numbers. Yes, you are right it is the 6'4" bed. That gives me hope again. Are you pretty happy with the setup? Would you do it again?

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’ve been towing with short bed pickups for about 40K miles and have never had a slider. I’ve never felt I needed one.
    Paul and Sue
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, GooseBox hitch
    2019 Ram 3500 Cummins CC SB

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Remember that an offset ball will not work 0n the factory 5th wheel tow option

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverbeard View Post
    I’ve been towing with short bed pickups for about 40K miles and have never had a slider. I’ve never felt I needed one.
    Silverbeard, I see you use a Goosebox with a short bed Ram on a Reflection. Does the Ram have the factory 5th wheel package? Some folks are using an offset ball which will not work with the factory 5th wheel option, and I wondered about your setup.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast