User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool Travel Trailer storage cover recommendation?

Will be getting a 30 foot Imagine Trailer in January. And during its off time it will be stored in a near by open air lot. Looking for suggestions that will keep the harsh sun/rain out and secure from those who might want to take a peek inside. Maybe something with locks and would cover the entire trailer from top to bottom....anyway any suggestions?

Thanks for help in advance!

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In which part of the country do you live? Folks in the desert southwest find that covers don't last long in the wind and can cause chaffing of the finish. In some warm, humid places, there can be issues with moisture and mold (been there, done that). See what folks in your area are doing and talk to some locals - best would be an owner at an RV storage facility to see if they have any observations.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I live in Southern California in Riverside County. Summers real warm 90's and winters usually in the 60's.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I live in socal and I got this one to replace my 4 year old Adco
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07VTLS1K7..._00MzFbQ7T48JR

We have had it on for two month now with no ill effects.

The wind tore up the Adco in one winter.

We will see how this ones does. Seems to have better construction than the Adco.

Good luck
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Extreme View Post
    I live in Southern California in Riverside County. Summers real warm 90's and winters usually in the 60's.
    We purchased an rv cover shortly after getting our fifth wheel. We just received an email from Camping World telling us it's time to replace it (3 years later). It's never been out of the box. The effort and time involved climbing up and down off the roof to put it on and take it off just wasn't worth it, since we typically are traveling at least every 3-4 weeks.

We're in southern CA, and store our rig in an open lot. Our decals on the front of the rig are starting to fade now (after 4 years), but the ones on the sides are doing OK.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    In which part of the country do you live? Folks in the desert southwest find that covers don't last long in the wind and can cause chaffing of the finish. In some warm, humid places, there can be issues with moisture and mold (been there, done that). See what folks in your area are doing and talk to some locals - best would be an owner at an RV storage facility to see if they have any observations.

Rob
    I was just going to ask the same question as the OP. We live in SE Pennsylvania. We have a new 2500 RL that's not seen it's first winter yet. We store it in our yard. Is it better to leave it uncovered through the winter? I see people around here with them stored both ways though they're 90 % uncovered.

If I don't cover it and we get snow should I remove the snow from the roof or clear around the outside if it gets deep enough to reach the floor level?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    --
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 2500RL
    2016 Ford F-150 XLT

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have an ADCO, Has the Tyvek designer flashy colours that costs a $100 more. Very happy with it. It is breathable with the top being white and reinforced waterproof something or other. It comes with a ladder cover to keep the cover from rubbing on the ladder. Lots of zippers on the curb side, one or two will line up with your door for access. They are cloth, so locks would be like locking a cloth suitcase, a slice here or there and you are in. We get rain from November thru March and the occasional foot or two of snow for a couple of weeks. No issues. Lots of straps to synch it tight, cuts down on the chaffing.

if you do cover, suggest you get the guards that fit over the gutter spouts. Only about $20 or $30 and they make putting the cover on easy. (Some guys use tennis balls, been there, the gutter guards from Camping World are much better)

Mine came with individual wheel covers in a breathable fabric, I use a vinyl set.

I like to cover, keeps the moss from growing on the trailer.

Just after posting - Camping World ad arrived, covers are on sale.
    As I recall, the cover size is the size of the box - exclude the A frame and spare/bumper. My almost 27’ 2150RB uses a 24’ cover....FWIW.
    Last edited by Skiddy; 09-25-2020 at 03:33 PM.
    Judy & Larry
    Ty and Ali the St Bernard drool machines
    Delta, British Columbia, GWN
    2019 Imagine 2150RB - lovingly christened “IM-A-GENE” towed by Dusty via Andersen 3350.
    2018 F150 SCREW 3.5 EcoBoost Lariat - respectfully christened “Dusty”.

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hampal View Post
    I was just going to ask the same question as the OP. We live in SE Pennsylvania. We have a new 2500 RL that's not seen it's first winter yet. We store it in our yard. Is it better to leave it uncovered through the winter? I see people around here with them stored both ways though they're 90 % uncovered.

If I don't cover it and we get snow should I remove the snow from the roof or clear around the outside if it gets deep enough to reach the floor level?

Covered or not, I would try to keep a significant snow load off the roof - just for weight reasons. A cover also won't make any difference if the snow makes it up to floor level. That would also need to be kept clear. As full-timers, we have to need nor opportunity to use a cover, but I've read other experienced RVers say that a cover in moist climates reduces ventilation and is an invitation for mold and mildew. The most important think you can do is get up on the roof while the weather is still nice and inspect it thoroughly for any place that water or moisture could invade (around the front cap and rear wall, all vents, ACs, etc.) and seal anything you find with the proper sealant... even a new roof.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have owned trailers for years and never covered any of them. As for snow accumulation the roofs can accommodate approx 200 lbs per sq ft or more. That would be a lot of snow. Periodically I will knock down the drift that accumulates and hangs off the rolled up awnings but that’s it
    John & Joanne
    2018 Solitude 374TH
    2018 GMC 3500HD Duramax CC DRW
    2001 Harley Ultra Classic

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hadn't thought about that. There's a walkable roof on this trailer and I can assure you of I'm standing on it there'll be more than 200 lbs on a square foot.

--
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 2500RL
    2016 Ford F-150 XLT

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast