Thank you for all the information

What do you use for dry lube.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven@147 View Post
    Absolutely but I don't think I can attach it here, I'll try. The hole thing came about at a GDRV Rally in Texas, A guy had started one, we all made contributions, his wife finished the excel spreadsheet and sent it out to all attendees that wanted it. My advice would be to save it as the grandfather, and make changes to fit your rig as a father or son
    Thank you! It worked!

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the location on your 2019 2670MK. I will check it over this weekend to try and locate it. The lines at the rear bumper area I habe located and installed 90* valves on to make it easy to drain the lines. We are just starting to cool down hear in southern Iowa so I’m trying to prep ahead of time.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gclove View Post

Here is what I use for dry lube. The CRC brand, I think, is what is recommended for the schwintek slides motor couplers but i also use the WD40 brand. Its great stuff for all places on the RV that need lubrication.
    I have in the notes app of my Iphone a heading called "Things Needed" where I note stuff I need to reorder or replenish for maint of the RV. Don't want to run out.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_2496.jpg  
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can’t open attachment

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gclove View Post

I use the WD 40 dry lube with PTFE too. Just used it on my sliding glass window tracks. Smother now.
    2010 Tundra SR5 DC 5.7L 4x4
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Andersen WDH
    Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension Kit
    2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2104s
    2014 Jayco x17z Hybrid

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Roof maintenance is covered in the Owner’s manual and also in the attachment by @Steven@147 I just want to add some emphasis to this important maintenance task, even for new roofs.

At this point our trips are usually 4,5,6 days then back home before heading out again. After each trip I get on the roof and recheck all the sealant on the seams and around the fixtures. We bought our TT in Nov ‘19 and so far two #2 screws have worked themselves loose and up in two different spots. Through my inspections I was able to catch it, screw them in tighter, and add new sealant before it became a problem.

Just because your unit is new doesn’t guaranty the roof will be maintenance free. RVs flex a bit during towing.
    Last edited by Tigger1; 09-26-2020 at 06:35 AM.
    2010 Tundra SR5 DC 5.7L 4x4
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Andersen WDH
    Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension Kit
    2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2104s
    2014 Jayco x17z Hybrid

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by James Johnston View Post
    Can’t open attachment
    James, I believe you have to be a site sponsor to be able to post pictures or open attached files. Its well worth the $12 bucks per year.
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger1 View Post
    Roof maintenance is covered in the Owner’s manual and also in the attachment by @Steven@147 I just want to add some emphasis to this important maintenance task, even for new roofs.

At this point our trips are usually 4,5,6 days then back home before heading out again. After each trip I get on the roof and recheck all the sealant on the seams and around the fixtures. We bought our TT in Nov ‘19 and so far two #2 screws have worked themselves loose and up in two different spots. Through my inspections I was able to catch it, screw them in tighter, and add new sealant before it became a problem.

Just because your unit is new doesn’t guaranty the roof will be maintenance free. RVs flex a bit during towing.
    Good point. I always do a walk around on the rig and often find lose screws all over the place. I don't get up on the roof as often as I should but get to it a least once per quarter checking for cracks in the sealant especially around the AC units, fans, vents, ladder, skylights and such. I use some self leveling sealer for TPO roofs. Couple months ago I had it at the dealers for the convection oven heat shield fix. They inspected the roof and sealant and said it was ok. I have to get a FanMate cover ordered for the MaxAir fan, they have been on back order everywhere i checked. I try to wash and scrub the roof with a soft pole brush a minimum of twice per year. This year with the drought here in Texas there is a lot more dirt to be removed so i try to get to it once per quarter.
    The people out on the west coast, with all the fires, there is a lot more ash that can be harmful to the roof and if close enough to fires there could be burn holes on the roof.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is what I use for dry lube. The CRC brand, I think, is what is recommended for the schwintek slides motor couplers but i also use the WD40 brand...
    Lippert recommends CRC Power Lube with PTFE not the Dry Lube. It is in their videos on the Schwintec. Among other things Power Lube works lubes at pressures higher than normal. BTW, if you like WD40, WD40 makes a version with rust inhibitors and also you might try Kroil which is much better than WD40 in my opinion.
    Foard County News & Sassy Schoolmarm
    Nathan & Susan Gifford
    Belle, & Danke
    53 days camping 8000 miles 2017
    2017 Imagine 2800BH
    '07 GMC Sierra 2500HD Duramax LBZ 4WD

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast