User Tag List

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is it possible to remove 2021 Furrion Microwave?

I have a 2021 Reflection 260RD which came with the Furrion Microwave. Since my unit was made, GD has upgraded to install the Furrion “Convection” Microwave.
    Has anyone changed there’s out?
    Anyone know how to remove the Furrion MW? I just don’t see how to access it.
    BTW, but units are same size and power use.
    DW would love her CMW again so we don’t have to use regular gas oven and heat rig up....

Any helpful hints appreciate
    DonW

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you looked in the cabinet above the microwave for screws that hold it in? I'm pretty sure that is where mine were located.

You can put something under it to support it once you remove the screws; then lower the front a bit and lift the rear off the mounting bracket after unplugging it and fishing the plug wire out of which ever cabinet it is plugged in to.

Lot's of YouTube videos cover this too.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank You Larry. And to be truthful, no I did not look in that cabinet above. Was totally looking into and under it. Just wasn’t seeing access.
    Someone in passing mentioned the plate above the MW, pull - pop- something. But Haven’t found the YouTube needed yet for undoing.

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ya know, now that you mention it...

My 2021 has a regular microwave, and it is only 5 weeks old. ( I have all the other newest "stuff")

I don't recall seeing the convection's coming in with the newest units. Maybe they ran out for awhile?
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You mentioned 5 weeks old. Is that how long you owned it or it came off the Line 5 weeks ago.
    Mine is a 2021, but off line in March 2020.
    I’ve seen later Mfgr units, since they started back up, that has the ConvectionMW, MoRydeSuspenion, new Lippert SolidStance Steps w/bottom adjustable feet, and some had the Lippert TPMS added....

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wenzdong View Post
    Thank You Larry. And to be truthful, no I did not look in that cabinet above. Was totally looking into and under it. Just wasn’t seeing access.
    Someone in passing mentioned the plate above the MW, pull - pop- something. But Haven’t found the YouTube needed yet for undoing.
    I looked at YouTube. There were some real hacks on there removing microwaves - whew!!!! Good examples of maybe what not to do.

Anyhow, I found this one and if you fast forward to about the 6 minute 50 second point you'll see him going into the top cabinet to remove screws. It isn't real obvious that he did so until you see the 2 guys lowering it and tilting it forward to get it off the bracket. And around the 7 minute 50 mark you can see the bracket in the back ground.

I stopped watching it after 8 minutes. Hopefully when he opened it up he discharged the large capacitor in it rather than get a shock that will really make you jump.

I hope this helps.
    Larry KE4DMG

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got it. That brushed Chrome plate accross the top comes off. No screw from top on my Furrion brand.

Thanks.
    Shopping for new Convection MW plus need that kit for backing.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad you got it figured out. While you have it off it might be a good time to put in an exterior vent for the fan if GD didn’t do it. I had to add that to mine.
    Larry KE4DMG

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wenzdong View Post
    You mentioned 5 weeks old. Is that how long you owned it or it came off the Line 5 weeks ago.
    Mine is a 2021, but off line in March 2020.
    I’ve seen later Mfgr units, since they started back up, that has the ConvectionMW, MoRydeSuspenion, new Lippert SolidStance Steps w/bottom adjustable feet, and some had the Lippert TPMS added....
    5 weeks since offline. Mine has all of the above, except no convection microwave. Just standard. I have the Tire Lync, wifi Winegard, Solid stance feet, etc.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS