User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by quiglenj View Post
    I have 2020 2500RL although the link did not work, I did find another 2021 2500RL on that site and the 'entertainment' area is the same as our 2020. One nice upgrade are two small cubbies at the head of the bed. Couldn't see much detail but looks like GD included outlets in there which is a very nice out of the way area to charge your devices, store you book, glasses, eye drops, etc. In our 2020 all we have is a ledge and and outlets below the drawers and one 12V USB powered outlet (active w/o shore power). The ledge/outlets are adjacent to where our feet land when rolling out of bed, we hope that we don't get tangled up in the cords while getting out of bed. I don't know if this is an option but I would be very interested in adding these cubbies to our trailer.

We still really like our 2020 2500RL really are trying to find improvements that need to be made, and only can come up with a few tiny mod's, like more battery powered USB ports and would like a different faucet in the bathroom, to short to be very useful...

Good Luck and enjoy
    Neal
    We just order our 2500RL yesterday. The “ cubicles beside the bed are standard now. Perfect for a CPap machine and cell phones.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is the mid year change where the entertainment center has been cut in half, TV raised and another window added above the extended counter top. If ordering one please specify that you want the “new” build in an effort to prevent you receiving old stock thus delaying your delivery. We really like the new plan. We’ll be ordering one soon.
    F150 short bed
    Max tow package 20 inch tires
    36 gallon fuel tank 1600 payload
    TT 2500 RL (picked up June 25th 2021)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TGlock24 View Post
    My 2500RL which is still at the dealership doesn’t look anything like this. The cabinet for the entertainment system is slanted so you can see the TV from both the dinette and the theater chairs
    The new 2500rl setup has an arm to extend to accomplish the same thing with the TV and recliners.

We’ve received ours and used it. I appreciate the new counter space and extra light and cross ventilation.
    Donna and Dave
    Annapolis, Maryland
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2500RL / Dodge Ram Longhorn 2500 6.4 Hemi
    350 W Newapower Solar: 3000 Victron Inverter/ Charger: Firefly Oasis carbon foam AGM

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wish they would put the couch on the slide
    and the table in the back like the 260rd 5th wheel
    Last edited by robmcqueen; 03-02-2021 at 07:51 PM.

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis1 View Post
    That is the mid year change where the entertainment center has been cut in half, TV raised and another window added above the extended counter top. If ordering one please specify that you want the “new” build in an effort to prevent you receiving old stock thus delaying your delivery. We really like the new plan. We’ll be ordering one soon.
    If you are ordering one, it is now standard build since mid- December.

There is no chance of getting the "old build" entertainment center configuration.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, we almost got a 2500RL, then the unit arrived in January with the new configuration. We moved up to the 2600RB. Would have liked the longer sofa, but I think we like the bigger bathroom anyhow, so worked out.
    2021 Imagine 2600RB + 2022 Duramax Tahoe RST (previous 2017 MBZ GLS450 burnt to the ground, resulting in destroyed garage and house contents a total loss due to smoke damage)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We got recliners instead of the couch. The arm for the TV allows it to be perpendicular to the recliners/ couch.
    Bathroom is huge. The whole width of the trailer and next to the bedroom which makes sense instead of traipsing through the the trailer in the middle of the night. 2500RL works well for a couple.

Like the couch and recliner where they are in the rear. Spend most of the time sitting there so you feel you have the whole expanse of the open trailer in front of you, plus there are windows on each side as well as that huge trailer wide window behind you for light.
    Donna and Dave
    Annapolis, Maryland
    350 W Newapower Solar: 3000 Victron Inverter/ Charger: Firefly Oasis carbon foam AGM

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RV Sailor View Post
    Bathroom is huge. The whole width of the trailer and next to the bedroom which makes sense instead of traipsing through the the trailer in the middle of the night. 2500RL works well for a couple.

Like the couch and recliner where they are in the rear. Spend most of the time sitting there so you feel you have the whole expanse of the open trailer in front of you, plus there are windows on each side as well as that huge trailer wide window behind you for light.
    😄 The walk is about the same as our master bedroom at home... But yeah, we really wanted the mid bath and the big door to the bedroom worked for the dogs. But the longer slide really opens the 2600RB up, so haven't really felt an impact to ambient light.

I was particularly against walking past the dinette and fold out sofa our sons would occasionally use to get to the bathroom, but it turned out fine. When docked, we just put a small space heater in the bathroom to bolster the furnace (Furrion &#128548, so it's nice and toasty.

The high TV works fine opposing the slide, but just couldn't do it so high in the RL with the sofa so close and really like the storage that the RL sacrificed. Particularly storage that helps lighten the tongue weight, being behind the wheels. 10% will be about 750# I figure, fully loaded, and with 2 batteries, two 20# propane tanks, and 100# of equalizing hitch, we're there empty. Probably should have gone for a rear bedroom with rear pass through, to really be able to influence tongue weight.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We really were concerned about the tongue weight as our 2500 6.4 V8 Hemi with 410 hp can pull the payload capacity of 3300.

The extra two windows extra windows ( 5 - w2600 RV vs 7- 2500 RL) the 2500 RL has makes for far greater light and cross ventilation breeze. Smart move adding a window for 2021 and resisting the entertainment area. Also this doubled the counter space by placement of the television in its new position.

Having two entrance/ exit door makes this design easy to use when traveling on two long days having to overnight without deploying the slide. The bedroom and bathroom have full usage for a bathroom break or just taking a night snooze.

GD did their homework. Obviously both trailers are very successful and cater to a substantial segment. Just two of us so the RL is perfect for a “ couples trailer” . I’d have been very happy with a 2600km too
    Donna and Dave
    Annapolis, Maryland

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I imagine that the 2 sliding doors help cut the noise should one want to go to bed early or sleep in.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12