User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orbsah View Post
    What’s that line that goes vertical for? I only have one line going past the fridge- presumably for the stove.
    On our Solitude, the stove top and oven are separate units. I think the two lines going off to the right in the picture (same on our 310GK) are for the two separate units.

Chris
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the stove top and oven are separate units.
    Interesting - mine must split downstream and not in the fridge compartment. Now I’m wondering if any fix for mine is necessary.
    2021 Solitude 310GK: Linen/DP windows/gen prep/slide toppers/king bed/EOH disc brakes/Cooper-H tires
    2019 F-350: Lariat/CC/LB/Diesel/DRW/4x4/Bakflip MX4/B&W 20K/AirLift 5000
    Other stuff: TST 507 TPMS/2x BB batteries/Victron BMV-712/Champion 3500 dual fuel gen/Garmin 780 GPS/22" Blackstone

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got my letter in the mail yesterday as well. Mine is a early build (8-18) 2019 model. Hopefully my dealer can somehow clear the recall on GD's records since no fix is necessary due to conversion to residential fridge. The gas line is plugged and secured out of the way behind the fridge.
    2019 Solitude 375RES Onan 5500 Splendide W/D Samsung res. fridge
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum dually 6.7L 4:30 gears
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We received our recall letter in the batch of mail from Escapee's mailbox. Since we are fulltime and on the road nowhere near our original dealer, it will have to wait. Finding and using a GD dealer service near where we are, I can imagine what their response would be. I'll just keep checking the propane hoses as I usually do on a quarterly basis.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have simply shut my propane off for the time being, and have not really had time to look at the situation.

To help me understand, is this re-dressing the propane lines to protect them from heat created by running the fridge in gas mode? What exactly are we making sure the lines are spaced away and heat shielded from?
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7L PowerStroke DRW
    2017 Solitude 379FLS

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven@147 View Post
    We received our recall letter in the batch of mail from Escapee's mailbox. Since we are fulltime and on the road nowhere near our original dealer, it will have to wait. Finding and using a GD dealer service near where we are, I can imagine what their response would be. I'll just keep checking the propane hoses as I usually do on a quarterly basis.
    Steve and Tami - possibly one of the GDRV mobile service teams will be close to your location in the coming weeks and can address this for you. Maybe a call to GDRV Customer Service to have a conversation about this to explore it as a possible option may work out. If it is an option, other full timers and folks on the road may be able to consider this as well.

If you decide to pursue this, please share the results if you would be so kind.

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canyonlight View Post
    Steve and Tami - possibly one of the GDRV mobile service teams will be close to your location in the coming weeks and can address this for you. Maybe a call to GDRV Customer Service to have a conversation about this to explore it as a possible option may work out. If it is an option, other full timers and folks on the road may be able to consider this as well.

If you decide to pursue this, please share the results if you would be so kind.

Dan
    Hey Dan, that's an idea. Eventually we will be up in northern Indiana about 75 miles from Middlebury. It might be possible if one of their service trailers is nearby. I'll let the forum know if we work it out.
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Keebler View Post
    I have simply shut my propane off for the time being, and have not really had time to look at the situation.

To help me understand, is this re-dressing the propane lines to protect them from heat created by running the fridge in gas mode? What exactly are we making sure the lines are spaced away and heat shielded from?
    I would say yes. My understanding is that on some models of the Solitude, the rubber propane hose is routed too close to the burner tube of the absorption fridge. Heat from the burner tube can cause damage to the hose. So they reroute the hose a little, add additional hose clamps and insulate the hose to protect it. Obviously the burner tube is not in use if running the fridge in electric mode.

From the recall letter, "the rubber LP gas supply line which passes through the refrigerator compartment may come in contact with the refrigerator cooling unit burner tube on certain absorption refrigerators. If this were to occur, the heat from the refrigerator burner tube could cause damage to the LP gas line and result in a potential LP gas leak and subsequent fire."
    Last edited by Steven@147; 10-14-2020 at 08:13 AM.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did a check on mine, all good. However, I found another problem waiting to happen during inspection. I happened to look up the back flue stack and noticed an electrical wire about half way up between the lower and upper vents that was not fastened. It was laying against one of the tubes getting slowly burned through. When you do your inspection make sure you take a look up your fridge backside and make sure there aren't any loose wires touching where they not suppose to.
    2017 Solitude 379 FLS
    2017 Ford F350 SRW

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a pain! We had to hitch up and then drive an hour to the dealer through rush hour traffic for our scheduled appointment. As it turns out the FIRST appointment is take a picture of it to send to GD to get authorization to do the work. Then had to drive home. A week later was notified the parts came in and had to schedule SECOND appointment. Again a week later drove the hour through rush hour traffic and the fix was quick enough that they didn't even move the rig from the their driveway and I was back out on the road in 15 minutes.

I was perplexed why they couldn't have at least one of each repair kit on site then you bring the rig in they take the picture and get authorization to do the work right then. If I had known I would have asked the dealer if they could have sent their mobile truck to my house to take the picture or at least tell me the picture you need and I will take it. Got it done but a total of almost 4 hours of drive time plus time off work to get there in time for the last appointment of the day TWICE.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast