User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Recall 910021 2017-2021 Solitude 5th Wheels

Wife just sent me this

"Grand Design RV, LLC is recalling 8,161 model year 2017-2021 Solitude 5th wheels trailers. The liquid propane (LP) supply line that runs through the exterior lower refrigerator compartment may contact the burner tube of the refrigerator , possibly damaging the line and causing an LP gas leak."

"An LP gas leak increases the risk of fire resulting in injury or even death."

"Grand Design will notify owners, and Dealers will inspect the LP supply line for damage, replacing it as necessary. All lines in the vicinity of the burner tube will be wrapped in thermal foil heat barrier material, then secured away from the burner tube of the refrigerator with additional P-clamps, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin September 30, 2020. Owners may contact Grand Design customer service at 1-574-825-9679, Grand Design's number for this recall is 910021."

Looks like we may be on the list. I checked GD's web site Recall list and its not listed there yet.
    We were just discussing a maint check list in another thread, I have checked the hose in the lower refrigerator access panel and didn't see anything wrong at last check..
    Last edited by Steven@147; 09-17-2020 at 12:29 PM.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shoot put it in the wrong place, MODs can you place in the Solitude forum?
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    we can and did! Hope the fix is fast and easy for all of you.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is not yet an official recall (NHTSA is still working on it) and GD has asked that we not post it on social media yet. It only applies to units with absorption refrigerators and letters will go out to owners by VIN soon.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    It only applies to units with absorption refrigerators and letters will go out to owners by VIN soon.

Rob
    Nice, for once I dodged a bullet by switching mine out.
    2019 Solitude 375RES Onan 5500 Splendide W/D Samsung res. fridge
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum dually 6.7L 4:30 gears
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Difficult for this information not to be out there when it was published.

https://www.rvtravel.com/grand-desig...ld-catch-fire/

I’m supposed to pick up a 2021 310 next week. I contacted the dealer and asked them to verify if this impacts the Solitude I am purchasing so the could resolve it before I pick it up. There over three hours away and I’d hate to get a recall just after getting it and have to take it back to them.
    Jeff and Gale
    Vancouver, WA
    New - 2020 GMC 3500 Duramax
    Old - 2005 GMC 2500 Duramax
    New - 2021 Solitude 310GK
    Old - 2018 Reflections 303 RLS

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think its a good idea for owners to check their propane lines on a regular basis. I have a maintenance item to check the lines quarterly and check the pigtails whenever I refill a tank. One of my good purchases, thanks to another forum member suggestion, was a propane sniffer. The way our lines are run, the fridge and stove supply line runs very close to the left front wheel, good idea to check this line often.

I have seen a high/low camper blow up from a propane leak at a campground, it was not pretty.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    This is not yet an official recall (NHTSA is still working on it) and GD has asked that we not post it on social media yet. It only applies to units with absorption refrigerators and letters will go out to owners by VIN soon.

Rob
    Little too late...I think the proverbial cat is out of the bag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bummer, just got my recall letter. For anyone who's had this done yet, any experiences to share? I'm not looking forward to returning back to the dealer!
    2021 Solitude 310GK: Linen/DP windows/gen prep/slide toppers/king bed/EOH disc brakes/Cooper-H tires
    2019 F-350: Lariat/CC/LB/Diesel/DRW/4x4/Bakflip MX4/B&W 20K/AirLift 5000
    Other stuff: TST 507 TPMS/2x BB batteries/Victron BMV-712/Champion 3500 dual fuel gen/Garmin 780 GPS/22" Blackstone

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orbsah View Post
    Bummer, just got my recall letter. For anyone who's had this done yet, any experiences to share? I'm not looking forward to returning back to the dealer!
    You might be one of the first owners to get it and provide info to the rest of us. Hope it isn't too difficult to get it looked at.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast