User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, that does sound like a pain. Do you have any before/after pics? I’m curious what the official fix actually is.
    2021 Solitude 310GK: Linen/DP windows/gen prep/slide toppers/king bed/EOH disc brakes/Cooper-H tires
    2019 F-350: Lariat/CC/LB/Diesel/DRW/4x4/Bakflip MX4/B&W 20K/AirLift 5000
    Other stuff: TST 507 TPMS/2x BB batteries/Victron BMV-712/Champion 3500 dual fuel gen/Garmin 780 GPS/22" Blackstone

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We don't have pictures. I didn't know where to take the pics. From what I have learned though there is a shield that needed to be installed and perhaps a wrap on the propane line.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

gas line recall

The mod is not hard to do at all, If the picture is with this post, it shows where they wrapped the line with the aluminum tape and then grabbed the line and pulled it away from the fridge and pulled it over to the door opening and with a clamp, put a screw in the right hand side of the door opening to hold it away from the heat.
    McClains Rv in Corinth TX did the recall while our camper was in to have a few things done. After we brought the camper home McClains called asked us to take pics of the mod so they could send pics to GD. Hope this helps.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 29ED84C8-43B0-4652-9A6F-2D8120472915.jpg  

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry The picture is rotated 1/4 trun counter clockwise. (first time to post a picture)

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry the picture is rotated 1/4 counter clockwise. (first time to post a picture)

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

better pic of gas line mod

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	29ED84C8-43B0-4652-9A6F-2D8120472915.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	96.5 KB 
ID:	30974
    This pic was taken facing the opening outside of the camper, from left side of door looking into the right side of door. You can see all they did was pull it away from the back of the fridge and fastened it to the wall , and wrapped it with aluminum tape. You can probably tell if your's needs it. If that black hose is touching the back of fridge, or just too close to it, probably just wrap it and pull it away from it, and fasten it to something like the door frame. 2020 2930RL

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My propane line is already that far away from the burner. Wonder if I can send these pics to GD and save me the hassle of going to the dealer. . . .
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7257.jpg 
Size:	60.5 KB 
ID:	30977Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7256.jpg 
Size:	64.3 KB 
ID:	30978
    2021 Solitude 310GK: Linen/DP windows/gen prep/slide toppers/king bed/EOH disc brakes/Cooper-H tires
    Other stuff: TST 507 TPMS/2x BB batteries/Victron BMV-712/Champion 3500 dual fuel gen/Garmin 780 GPS/22" Blackstone

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just had this completed on my RV. I took it to Campers Inn in Byron, GA which was 120 miles round trip to have this fixed and it only took them 10 min. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5616.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	49.3 KB 
ID:	31249 My issue was I called the Campers Inn in Tucker, GA and they wanted me to bring the camper in and leave it so they could get the VIN, order parts and fix it. I asked them if I could just tell them the VIN and they order parts and when they arrive they could fix it as I did not want to leave the camper there for weeks and they said "NO" Campers Inn in Byron, GA allowed me to give the VIN over phone, they ordered parts and when they arrived I drove to get it fixed. I'm a mechanic by trade and asked Grand Design if I could fix it myself and they said it need to be an authorized dealer. I have attached the pic of this simple repair of wrapping foil tape around the line so you can make the call on how you want to get this fixed.

Patti and Mike (and Bella and Ari too)
    2020 Solitude 310gk
    2017 Ford F-250 Supercrew 6.7 diesel 2x2
    Anderson Hitch gooseneck set up

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi all - Just checking in so see if there's any new intel on this recall. I couldn't take care of it over the winter so now trying to determine the best course of action in the spring. I actually sent a note to GD w/ pictures because from what I can tell, there's very little to no chance the propane line "may come in contact" with the burning tube. I'm really, really not looking forward to a trip to the dealer to take care of this. Any updates/suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    UPDATE: GD got back to me very quickly and after reviewing the pictures I sent, confirmed my LP line is secured far enough away from the burner box and therefore will close out the recall for my VIN. That saved me a lot of grief and am very thankful for the quick response from GD customer service!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234