User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynot4me2 View Post
    Love the idea of getting spare ones. Thanks I hadn't thought of that.
    I didn't either until I was in Discount Tire with the blow out!
    2019 F250 FX4 gas with puck system
    2020 Reflection 29RS
    A German Shepherd and a Wife!
    Pullrite Superglide

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I just watched that video and I'm still undecided on which one to get.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynot4me2 View Post
    Well, I just watched that video and I'm still undecided on which one to get.

All I can say is that I've had no issues with the cap style. I've never used the flow through. When I researched them I kept seeing the slow to fill comments and the cracked battery cover comments on the flow through that Mal mentioned earlier. Some love the flow through for easy air top off. I don't keep the caps on while at the house so I don't have to deal with them on pretravel air pressure checks. I've also been extremely lucky and have not had to air up while on a trip. Even if I did I would not have any issue using the little tool to take the caps off. You get 2 with the kit. One stays with all the sensors and monitor while at the house and the other lives in the truck. I still have the antitheft spin cap on mine and once I use the tool to get the cap loose I can actually spin the cap off without the tool. Ultimately it's a decision only you can make. Either one is better than not having one!
    2020 Reflection 29RS
    Pullrite Superglide

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm planning on getting metal valve stems on both my trailer and my truck. I have internal sensors for the trailer and I will use the regular sensors on my truck when towing. My question is how do you determine which metal valve stems to buy. Looking on Amazon there seems to be several different types with no specific information as to which vehicles they work on. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE
    2020 F150 XLT V6 EcoBoost SuperCrew 4x4 w/Max trailer towing package

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bwood BBQ View Post
    All I can say is that I've had no issues with the cap style. I've never used the flow through. When I researched them I kept seeing the slow to fill comments and the cracked battery cover comments on the flow through that Mal mentioned earlier. Some love the flow through for easy air top off. I don't keep the caps on while at the house so I don't have to deal with them on pretravel air pressure checks. I've also been extremely lucky and have not had to air up while on a trip. Even if I did I would not have any issue using the little tool to take the caps off. You get 2 with the kit. One stays with all the sensors and monitor while at the house and the other lives in the truck. I still have the antitheft spin cap on mine and once I use the tool to get the cap loose I can actually spin the cap off without the tool. Ultimately it's a decision only you can make. Either one is better than not having one!
    Thanks, it's making me lean towards the cap design. The will also be more inside the rim as they are shorter.

Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We currently have the flow through sensors on our 303. I've never had any issues adding air to the tires through the sensors - it's like they weren't even there. Regarding the need for metal valve stems I can say from personal experience (last month) that we had a low pressure alert on our TST 507 on the interstate. When we pulled off the road and I started looking at the tire sure enough the valve stem had cracked and was the source of the leak. We've had the sensors installed for right at 18 months. I am changing out the rubber valve stems for metal this week.
    Jeff & Susan
    With Annie, our dachshund
    2019 Reflection 303RLS #123, TST 507 TPMS
    2019 F-350 XLT 4x4 PSD SRW CC LB Factory 5th Wheel Prep Package
    B&W Companion OEM Hitch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GaryS1964 View Post
    I'm planning on getting metal valve stems on both my trailer and my truck. I have internal sensors for the trailer and I will use the regular sensors on my truck when towing. My question is how do you determine which metal valve stems to buy. Looking on Amazon there seems to be several different types with no specific information as to which vehicles they work on. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    I'm not too sure on the internal sensors but for the regular outside screw on sensors it will depend on what type rims you have and the diameter of the hole drilled for the valve stem. I actually used some that were for a Ford super duty rim on mine. Can you find out what type of rims are on your unit?
    2020 Reflection 29RS
    Pullrite Superglide

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had installed the 1.5“ Xtra Seal 17-428 metal stems on our 2019 303 RLS, which has 16 inch wheels. I purchased these at O’Reillys - got 5 for $13.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Jeff & Susan
    With Annie, our dachshund
    2019 Reflection 303RLS #123, TST 507 TPMS
    2019 F-350 XLT 4x4 PSD SRW CC LB Factory 5th Wheel Prep Package
    B&W Companion OEM Hitch

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123