Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fridge is dripping water inside

I was wondering if someone could give me some advice.
    I have a Dometic 12cubic fridge in our Solitude 3350rl. We get a bit of water dripping in the back of the fridge from the drip pan. I think it is coming from the grates in the back ( not sure what you call them ) can you tell me why and what I can do to correct it.
    Thanks
    I am a Newbie

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those grates are the absorption cooling fins, their purpose is to remove heat from you 'fridge so they are cold. What you are getting is condensate collecting on the fins and dripping off. The trey or pan beneath is there to catch it and channel it away, some misses and pools on the bottom. First be sure that trey is pushed tightly into the drain hole on the right side. Next is to refrain, if you can, from opening the door as often as it lets warm humid air in. A quick fix that would help the efficiency of the fridge is to add a fan/s blowing across the fins.
    Last edited by Wicked ace; 09-17-2020 at 03:39 PM.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for the info.