User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is normal pricing like on these?

We're in between trailers, and we're pretty interested in the Transcend Xplor 261BH for our next one. The floor layout is just about perfect for what we are looking for. But I'm curious -- when the market hasn't gone insane, what is pricing normally like for these trailers? Obviously right now the dealers don't want to budge from MSRP at the lowest, but in my limited experience typically RVs don't fetch anywhere near MSRP. But maybe that varies by manufacturer, the last rig I owned was a Jayco.

So what's reasonable to expect with Grand Design? Our camping season is over, so I'm happy to wait until the middle of winter to buy if I can save a reasonable amount of money. If I bought something today it'd just sit next to my house for 8 months anyway.

Thanks!

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ita pretty common to negotiate 25% - 30% off MSRP. Some of it depends where you live because the delivery fee varies based on how far from the factory you are.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    K, so about normal, then. That's good to know, thank you!

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    30% minimum discount or your getting taken advantage of

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    Dave & Debbie
    ----------------------
    2021 Ford F150 Lariat PowerBoost Supercrew 4x4 with 7.2kW generator
    2021 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearii View Post
    30% minimum discount or your getting taken advantage of

Yeah everyone is quoting me 29K or thereabouts at this point, balking at negotiating. MSRP is 26.5K, so they're basically telling me MSRP plus freight.

Hopefully things will cool off as we get into winter. I'm sure dealers love the profit they're raking in right now, but it won't last forever.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rootusrootus View Post
    Yeah everyone is quoting me 29K or thereabouts at this point, balking at negotiating. MSRP is 26.5K, so they're basically telling me MSRP plus freight.

Hopefully things will cool off as we get into winter. I'm sure dealers love the profit they're raking in right now, but it won't last forever.
    Maybe you can find a lightly used one instead. Tough time to buy, hate to not get at least 30% because as soon as this surge is over the prices will drop again and rigs bought now at these prices are going to suffer even worse than normal depreciation. Wait 18 months and you'll be able to pick up rigs from people begging you to take it off their hands.

Dave & Debbie
    ----------------------
    2021 Ford F150 Lariat PowerBoost Supercrew 4x4 with 7.2kW generator
    2021 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearii View Post
    Maybe you can find a lightly used one instead. Tough time to buy, hate to not get at least 30% because as soon as this surge is over the prices will drop again and rigs bought now at these prices are going to suffer even worse than normal depreciation. Wait 18 months and you'll be able to pick up rigs from people begging you to take it off their hands.
    I don't want to wait 18 months to score a good deal, but I can certainly wait until early 2021. We're not doing any more camping trips this year. I'm hoping that if it snows (hey, it's a La Nina year!) then people will lose their current appetite for picking up every RV they can find on the lot.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know where you live, but let your fingers do the walking--shop by phone or internet. There are usually other dealers within driving range that sell the same products.

Let us know where you live, and someone may know of a dealer willing to compete for your business with a fair price. All dealers are not created equal.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rootusrootus View Post
    I don't want to wait 18 months to score a good deal, but I can certainly wait until early 2021. We're not doing any more camping trips this year. I'm hoping that if it snows (hey, it's a La Nina year!) then people will lose their current appetite for picking up every RV they can find on the lot.
    I feel you may see demand return to normal in 2021, however Bearii may be right. I would have to want a trailer real bad to pay MSRP or over. However, because of the demand to refill dealer's lots for Spring 2021, I doubt you will see the build quality improve.

As mentioned, a lot of new owners are going to loose interest in their new trailer quickly. Many over paid and financed with little down payment. Combine these two factors with a rapidly depreciating trailer, and I'm not certain there will be a lot of bargains out there.

If prices come down in the Spring, and you can find ANY older used trailer you can live with, I'd sure consider. Just my feeble opinion............
    2020 Reflection 273MK

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A question for those that are saying 25-30% off msrp. I see Grand Design has a msrp under the build and price but the dealer i went to has a much higher msrp listed. Are you all saying 25-30% off the Grand Design msrp or the dealer msrp? I was thinking something in between but after reading some of the threads that may not be low enough. Thanks for any advice.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast