Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Poconos in PA

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Poconos in PA

So, I'm in an RV park in the Poconos that I dropped a month's rent on, and I've got a REALLY weird situation. It started when I had a friend over for lunch and they wanted to charge me money for that if it was over 1 hour. Since it was less than an hour we were fine. Then I had a couple other friends over another day, and the lady running the place called me the next morning and wanted to collect money for that. They also wanted the names and addresses of the folks who I had over. When I said I felt like I was being fleeced and that it wasn't in anything I signed, the lady running the place threatened me. The whole deal was pretty much adversarial. Well, we paid the extortion fee, but the weirdness didn't end there.

Two days ago as we were getting a cool down in the weather, I went to get my empty propane tank to fill it. When I did I noticed the tank selector had been fully turned over to the empty, closed tank. I was running on a partial tank, and that's not something I did because I knew I had only 1 partial tank left. Well, I moved it back and restored my stove and heat, but when I found that I also noticed that same lady behind my trailer on the dirt road. I can't definitively say she did it, but the only way for it to have happened is for someone to open the propane door, reach in and turn the valve switch.

Now at 1am, I found myself checking around my rig when I thought I heard something outside. Anyone ever have problems like this? This is a first for me.
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
    2020 Ram 3500 SRW
    https://c2.staticflickr.com/8/7803/4...56f2161a_m.jpg

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry to hear about your issues. As far as paying for visitors that is a common practice for campgrounds.
    Dan, Marcia, Emilee, Tanner, Zac
    2020 Chevy 3500 HD Crew 6.6L Duramax
    2020 Grand Design Reflection 303 RLS

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe you should setup a trail camera or something similar around your site. Paying for visitors is common, but it is also disclosed ahead of time. If it isnt clearly defined in their policy or on their web site, it sounds strange to me.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What is the name of the campground?

There are many campground review sites, including one associated with RVTripWizzard. We usually take a quick look at them to see if there are any negative comments.
    Tom and Janice (known as Tom in PGH on the “other” forum)

First came the 18' Comfort bumper-pull, was great for 20 years.
    Now a 2019 Reflection 303RLS, second air, double glass, table and chairs
    2019 F350 Lariat (Diesel) 4x4 Crewcab with lots of goodies
    Andersen aluminum with the puck system holding it all together
    Cranberry Twp. PA, about 30 miles north of Pittsburgh