User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Momentum 395M AC Outlet Problem

I am having a problem with several AC outlets in the kitchen area whereby they have no power. Another outlet that is dead is in the Norcold fridge cabinet on the outside of the trailer, so the fridge doesn't run on AC. The GFCI in the bathroom is not tripped and was reset. There are no tripped breakers in the breaker panel. I am running a dogbone adapter off of a 30amp 120V outlet on the side of my house, but the same problem also occurs on generator, so not a shore power issue. I do have a primitive circuit tester and the dead outlets are showing Open neutral. Thoughts?
    Edit: Just to add, all of the dead outlets are on the same slide. Also I measured 120v AC coming out of the breaker for the fridge.
    Last edited by Harryc56; 09-18-2020 at 06:38 AM.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check the outlet for the fridge itself, might be a GFI. The outlet is located behind the fridge, accessible by removing the vent cover panel from outside the RV.

If that's not it, it could be a loose molex connector and they are all over the place, usually in the underbelly near a slide.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the reply. The fridge outlet is not GFI, and definately has no power. Anyone know what the white box below the outlet is? It feeds into the fridge outlet. They used molex connectors for AC? Really? Don't know as I've ever seen that. DC yes....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-2421.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	97.9 KB 
ID:	29596
    Last edited by Harryc56; 09-18-2020 at 05:09 AM.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That white box next to it is the molex connector I was referring too, sorry if it's the incorrect name, i thought that's what they were. Regardless there are numerous of those connectors, so I would check those if you can.

2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks again. So here's the bottom line. I have 120vAC at the circuit breaker for the fridge. I have (3) outlets in the same kitchen island on the same kitchen slide that have no power, along with the outside Norcold fridge outlet (also on the same slide). If I had a wiring diagram I'd know how to troubleshoot this. Grand Design doesn't provide them, Short of removing all the receptacles and that white (molex?) connector and checking for continuity back to the breaker panel, anything else I can try? I'll do exactly that if I have to.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds to me that's what you should do. RV outlets arentblike residential outlets, there are no screw terminals. I'd probably start at the breaker and work downstream looking for the weak link.

2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hear ya, without a wiring diagram I am guessing at what 'downstream' is, but I'll give it a shot. So you can't measure voltage or check continuity at the side or back of an RV AC outlet?. Interesting. I guess I'll have to shut off all power and go thru the plug.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harryc56 View Post
    I hear ya, without a wiring diagram I am guessing at what 'downstream' is, but I'll give it a shot. So you can't measure voltage or check continuity at the side or back of an RV AC outlet?. Interesting. I guess I'll have to shut off all power and go thru the plug.
    I gotcha. Yes, i think the continuity check would work. My comment about residential outlets was meant to say it is unlikely a wire fell off the outlet.

2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m getting 63 V AC at each of the dead outlets. My little circuit tester is showing open neutral. I checked the neutral at the breaker panel and it is solid

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    That white box next to it is the molex connector I was referring too, sorry if it's the incorrect name, i thought that's what they were. Regardless there are numerous of those connectors, so I would check those if you can.

There is another one of those "thingies" on the inside of the frame (above the belly cover) where the wires go through the frame below the slide. Probably loose/broken.
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast