Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Newbie Slide out questions...

Hi all,
    I am new to the forum and new to Grand Design. We just purchased a 2020 Solitude 380FL. I have a couple questions about the slideouts...mainly the kitchen slides. First, is it normal for the refrigerator/stove slide to go in and out on an angle...for example, the bottom comes out before the top does? Second, is it normal for the refrigerator/stove slide to stop before it is all the way out and then finish up after the dining table slide is all the way out? Third, is it normal for the two fender halves on the slides to not meet up/align when the slides are in on the kitchen and dining slides? (I will try to attach a pic)

Thank you kindly! :-)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	camper slide fenders.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	92.6 KB 
ID:	29595

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, yes, and yes. I have a 377MBS and the three hydraulic slides tip when going in and out. They also start in or out prior to the previous one finishing. Lastly your picture shows the exterior in the proper manner.

Enjoy your new RV and have safe travels.
    Dennis, Pat, Prince and the Lady - Western New York
    2018 Solitude 310GK- 2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW - Blue Ox Super Ride

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree, my 375 slides work the exact same way. Yes the "panel gap" on the skirting looks like a Yugo from years ago but I quit letting it bother me lol.
    2019 Solitude 375RES Onan 5500 Splendide W/D Samsung res. fridge
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum dually 6.7L 4:30 gears
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another yes to everything just to make you feel ok and know things are ok.

And don’t forget you have valves for the slides so you can extend just one if/when necessary. They are in the PS propane tank area.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you everyone!! :-)

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wmott1122 View Post
    I am new to the forum and new to Grand Design. We just purchased a 2020 Solitude 380FL. I have a couple questions about the slideouts...mainly the kitchen slides. First, is it normal for the refrigerator/stove slide to go in and out on an angle...for example, the bottom comes out before the top does? Second, is it normal for the refrigerator/stove slide to stop before it is all the way out and then finish up after the dining table slide is all the way out? Third, is it normal for the two fender halves on the slides to not meet up/align when the slides are in on the kitchen and dining slides? (I will try to attach a pic)
    I'll add to the chorus of 'yes' and add a bit of color.

We've re-wired our battery systems with a battery kill switch that actually disconnects the battery from everything, unlike the factory configuration which continues to power things - including the landing gear system - when the kill switch is off.

Turns out, when the landing gear system loses power for a while it loses its memory of what "level" means for the auto-leveling feature.

I didn't know this, but noticed that our slides began moving in-out differently. Ours usually operated with the kitchen slide moving all the way out and then the dining slide out (they don't that in all trailers, I know). Ours began to act more like what you've described in yours, going out unevenly. (I believe the slide offering least resistance is the one that moves.) I also noticed in walking around and in the behavior of cabinet / fridge / bedroom doors that the trailer seemed tipped slightly to the passenger side.

It was. It was just 0.3 degrees off-level, but fixing that required manually using the landing gear hydraulics to lift the passenger side 2-3 inches. Once that was done (and the landing gear system's memory of "level" was reset) the slides returned to operating as they had done.

So maybe, just maybe, your side-to-side level is off a little bit. However if it's not, as others have said what you're seeing is not abnormal.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch