Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trailer Axles Replaced

Purchased my Imagine spring of 2019 and have less then 10K miles on the trailer. After about 5K miles I begun to noticed tire wear on the rear axle tires, inner tread. So noted and then during a trip this summer my friend mentioned to me that it looked like the camber was off on the rear axle. We looked at it and we could noticed the camber difference in the two axles. Called GD when we got home and they wanted me to get measurements at the dealer so they could determine where the problems was, so appointment was scheduled. Dropped it off and the service rep looked underneath and said "Yup, you'll be getting two new axles". He stated he's replace half a dozen this summer and has another one coming in today for the same thing.
    How can this be? Dextor Axle provides GD the axles for the Imagines to the specs GD gives them but they are not heavy enough. They meet the specs but fail in the field. The rep informs me that they will be putting a 3 inch axles on to replace the 2 inch axles. (not sure on the exact axles diameter)

So if your showing tire wear that you don't think is normal and your trailer is fairly new, with in 5 years (warranty), look into this. Dextor will not replace the worn tires though. I was expecting a fight and was ready but I'm being told they will be replaced at zero cost. I'm pretty comfortable they will but still reserved.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If they are the 5-bolt 3500# axles, GD and Dexter were replacing them and going from 2-3/8" tubes to 3" tubes.
    2019 F-250 Supercab
    2017 Imagine 2650RK

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That sounds right. I just wanted to let others know in case they are experiencing the same issues. Why doesn’t GD just go to the 3” axle? Maybe they did.