Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fireplace remote

I am lucky in that the dog chewed the remote to our Greystone fireplace. I checked on replacing it. It only has 4 or 5 buttons so I figured it wouldn’t be expensive. It’s only around $55. What the? Don’t they make these without the gold plating inside? What makes this simple remote so expensive? Has anyone replaced their remote or am I the only one who’s ever had the dog chew a remote rather than his bone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2015 Solitude 379fl

Jeff & Kathy
    Central Indiana

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparkydh View Post
    I am lucky in that the dog chewed the remote to our Greystone fireplace. I checked on replacing it. It only has 4 or 5 buttons so I figured it wouldn’t be expensive. It’s only around $55. What the? Don’t they make these without the gold plating inside? What makes this simple remote so expensive? Has anyone replaced their remote or am I the only one who’s ever had the dog chew a remote rather than his bone?

We don't use our remote. We just use the buttons on the front of the fireplace. Is that an option?

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fireplace remote

Quote Originally Posted by livinthelife View Post
    We don't use our remote. We just use the buttons on the front of the fireplace. Is that an option?
    That’s an option for sure. But sometimes you just gotta be lazy. On a serious note my arthritis can be severe and once I’m down it’s just easier to reach for the remote.

Last edited by Sparkydh; 09-18-2020 at 10:32 PM.
    2015 Solitude 379fl

Jeff & Kathy
    Central Indiana

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That’s an option for sure. But sometimes you just gotta be lazy. On a serious note my arthritis can be severe and once I’m down it’s just easier to reach for the remote.

I think the reason we started using the buttons on the fireplace was because the remote tended to interfere with the (piece of trash) TV that came with the RV. We have a new TV now, so I don't think it would interfere, but it's habit now. I just wish we could set our own default for the fireplace, so we don't have to click through 3 or 4 different settings every time we turn it on.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree on that. You turned it on and you had to go through several steps to just get it where it was when last used. I’m hopping maybe someone on here has one they don’t use so I can buy it from them.

2015 Solitude 379fl

Jeff & Kathy
    Central Indiana

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree on that. You turned it on and you had to go through several steps to just get it where it was when last used. I’m hopping maybe someone on here has one they don’t use so I can buy it from them.

Found a remote on eBay for $14. New and works like a charm.

2015 Solitude 379fl

Jeff & Kathy
    Central Indiana