User Tag List

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Toy Hauler ramp questions

We have a 2016 350M Toy Hauler. Two things going on here, 1st is the assist springs on the hinge have all snapped!! Anyone else? Where did you get replacements and how tough is this to accomplish? 2nd is the non skid coating on the inside of the ramp door has got a bubble forming on the bottom inside of the door, Cause?? Concern??

Thanks in advance!
    Bob

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cant help on the spring question. I would guess the bubble could be from water getting under the non-skid surface. Do you leave the ramp open in the rain? I think a little water is ok, but not the rain. If you end up fixing it, might be good to put sealant down where the trim pieces meet the non-skid.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sure Lippert sells the assist springs. There are a few on Amazon also. I would start with a phone call to Lippert to be sure you get the right ones and maybe they will help you out with the cost.
    Last edited by JCR GD; 09-19-2020 at 09:13 AM.
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the help guys....we dont leave it open in the rain although we do leaver it in the deck position when we are in the Keys but it doesnt rain very often there!! I'll give Lippert a look on the springs. Thanks again!!

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D0B4E9D4-628C-4283-A217-B2EA9B52C541.jpeg 
Views:	23 
Size:	1.90 MB 
ID:	30001 So, thats what remains of our springs....Oh yeah by the way, the rod they are mounted on was so rusted we had to cut it into pieces to get it apart!! Replaced it with stainless steel rod and all new SS bolts. After 4 years, makes me question how long everything else is going to last!

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And BTW, Lippert did have the springs, $29.00 each and no they wouldn't help!! Such cheap crap makes me wonder where it was sourced from...

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinbob1978 View Post
    And BTW, Lippert did have the springs, $29.00 each and no they wouldn't help!! Such cheap crap makes me wonder where it was sourced from...
    China...just like their amazing leaf springs. Just making an educated guess.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm hoping they used the "good" stuff on my 2014 build
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobcin78 View Post
    We have a 2016 350M Toy Hauler. Two things going on here, 1st is the assist springs on the hinge have all snapped!! Anyone else? Where did you get replacements and how tough is this to accomplish? 2nd is the non skid coating on the inside of the ramp door has got a bubble forming on the bottom inside of the door, Cause?? Concern??

Thanks in advance!
    Bob
    Don't mean to hijack your thread, but I found something the other day on our 395M. Was putting the winter cover on it, and noticed a gap near the bottom vertical frame of the ramp door. There is an actual opening between the frame and the weather strip on the door. Looking into it further, there is a cut out of the frame where the cables for the door assist springs comes out. Can't believe they leave a big opening like that, it has to be 4" long on both sides. I'm going to try some kind of weather strip to close it up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As for the bubble in the non-skid, this can occur when the adhesive is thin or missing in an area. Pretty common on glued down flooring. You can inject some adhesive into the bubble using a animal needle that you can pick up at a farm supply store or maybe even use a fine tipped applicator and a nail. pretty easy repair.

Be careful not to inject too much adhesive - that will cause other issues such as a ripples or actually even expand the bubble. A little goes a long way.
    CJ & Jo
    RIP: Rocky & Rya
    2018 Momentum 327M, 2019 RAM 2500 6.7L Turbo Cummins, BW Companion Slider, Timbren SES, Bilstein 4600