User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by osubucks60 View Post
    If you want to use the trailer propane, this is my favorite, and what I have. I am picky and have to have a cast iron grate. This one has both a grill portion and a griddle. The RVQ II.
    http://www.rvqgrill.com/
    I like that, I wish I had seen it two weeks ago.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stevekuzmeski View Post
    I purchased the Coleman Roadtrip 285 and wanted to connect it to the rig's outside propane quick connect, but I couldn't figure out how to remove the pressure regulator on the grill. So I purchased a hose to connect to the rig's propane directly. I'm pleased with how the grill works and how easy it is to setup and take down, not so pleased that I cannot connect it to the rig's quick-connect. Good luck with your selection and grilling, there are a lot to chos

Does anyone know how to remove the regulator on this grill?
    I've had two of these. The first one the regulator failed and there is NO replacement for it. They sent me another one as it was still within warranty. That one died, too.

So I got an NXT 200 grill. It still works but who knows how long. It is flimsier than I would have liked. I think the regulator for that may also be non-replaceable but I am not certain.

I have a Coleman pop-up that I was looking to purchase a part for. Guess what? No replacement parts. I am thoroughly done with any Coleman products. They used to be a reliable company that made quality products but in my experience, no longer. My advice to those thinking of purchasing one is to not walk but run away. When the time comes, I'm thinking of a Napolean.
    Retired SF Sergeant Major
    Retired Sheriff's detective

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CaliMClass View Post
    Hi Grand Design owners!

We recently bought a Momentum and are looking to add a propane grill to it, mainly for cooking hamburgers, hotdogs, small steaks, etc. Nothing fancy. 😊

I believe I found a quick connect underneath the camper, but looks like it already has something connected to it? Picture here in case it’s helpful:

Attachment 29614

Before I buy something, does anyone have any recommendations ( available on Amazon is a preference ), given my hook up options, which I believe are the quick connect, or simply disconnecting one of the big tanks up front and connecting it there during use?

Many thanks in advance!

We have a GD Imagine and I agonized over issues similar to yours. Then it dawned on me. We have had this grill for about 20 years https://www.weber.com/US/en/grills/p...ywhere-series/ ours is the gas version. Small footprint and is awesome for burgers, dogs, etc., but not designed for stuff like chicken etc. When I was having trouble with the igniter, and even though the guarantee was long past, Weber sent me an igniter. This year I was having problems with the burner bar, again Weber sent me a new one for free - even paid the postage. So they do stand by their products. Sure it's not fancy, but no complicated hookups, uses the Coleman gas canisters, and works very very well. All for $70. I believe in keeping things simple.

Rich

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the recommendation! Do you find the little gas bottles a pain? I’d been trying to avoid that as I wondered how quickly we would blow through those small bottles.
    I purchased one of these. One would think because they are smaller, they would cost less. You can find them on sale for perhaps $15 less if you look. Bulk propane here is $1.99 a gallon. Much less expense and hassle than the little bottles.

https://www.acehardware.com/departme...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

Or

https://www.walmart.com/ip/5Lb-Propa...CABEgL7ffD_BwE
    Retired SF Sergeant Major
    Retired Sheriff's detective

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I recently bought a 22” Blackstone griddle as a kit at Walmart - came with a hood, folding stand and the Propane tank adapter - $175 is a great deal on this. Griddle vs grill is no “flare ups”, much easier to clean up, easier temp control, can cook almost anything (meat, vegetables, breakfast, brown your bread) and you can set a pot of whatever right on the griddle. Absolutely love ours!
    Last edited by RustyCas; 09-23-2020 at 03:05 PM.
    Rusty & Cathy
    2021 Imagine 2600RB
    2016 GMC 2500HD Crew Cab Long Bed 4WD 6L
    Husky 32217 Centerline WDH

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Blackstone all the way! I have a 17" Blackstone with a quick disconnect. Plugs into camper gas supply, easy to clean, great for breakfast or dinner, and does not take up a lot of
    space when storing. We normally cook for 6 to 8 people while camping and found this size to be a perfect fit. We also gave away our large home grill and bought a 36" Blackstone to use when we are not on the road. Two of the best grills (or should I say griddles) that I have owned in the 40 plus years that I have been cooking out!

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Y Connect

Apologies! It’s a 2018 Momentum 351M...I did take a pretty thorough look around the underside and this was the only thing I saw, but let me try and find the floor plan diagram you mentioned.

If I don’t have another connection, I’m assuming it might not be a good idea to add a Y connection to the one I pictured if it’s connected to the fridge or stove?

Thank you all again, this is so helpful ( this is my first RV! ). [emoji4]
    I have a 2020 Solitude to 380FL. I was told that the momentums in the solitudes (2020) no longer come with a quick connect for gas grills on the exterior curbside. I put a Y on the quick connect that leads to the refrigerator and stove you show in your picture and it works just fine using a Weber Q 2200 that I converted from bottle to line gas. Just make sure you get a Y with shut off valves for each side.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20200923_171728.jpg   20200923_171659.jpg  
    Max & Laura
    SE Pennsylvania
    2020 Ram 3500 DRW 6.7L HO
    2020 Solitude 380 FL

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see someone pointed out the issue that most grills do not work with low pressure on the RV. While there is a lot of conversion kits out there...if the grill was not designed to use low pressure, it is .... dangerous. Make sure the MFG says it works with low pressure.

I had an Imagine with an outdoor kitchen so for me, no need for a griddle. It also meant that unless I wanted it on the back of the rig, I was not mounting it on my rig (bummer). Regardless, I found 2 out there. Camco's 5500 and a simple one from Camping World. BOTH mount to the trailer or sit on a table. Camco had complaints of regulating the temp. I went with a cheap one from Camping World for $99. 10k btu and works just fine. And now that I have my reflection, I was able to mount it right next to the outdoor kitchen.

5500 (https://www.amazon.com/Camco-57305-O...omotive&sr=1-2 )

low pressure grill ( https://www.campingworld.com/low-pre...E&gclsrc=aw.ds )
    2020 Sierra 2500HD Denali
    Equalizer hitch (used Blue Ox before)
    Reflections 312bhts

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a CampChef 2 burner explorer grill. I have the pro griddle and grill box (cast iron grate) accessories for it. Bought a 12' quick connect propane hose to hook to my Imagine TT. With 12' I can move it outside the awning if I'm cooking something that smokes a lot.

2 large burners, a griddle and grill box, works for all my needs.
    Charles and Susan
    2021 Ram 3500 Laramie, 6.4 Hemi, 4x4 CCSB
    2021 337rls w/ Andersen hitch.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TURNING YOUR GRILL OFF - FYI on regulators. A number of years ago, I was having a weber Q grill rebuilt (bad regulator). When I picked it up, the tech asked me how I turn the grill off? Dumb question I thought, I turn off the propane at the grill. I was then scolded that that is the number 1 reason regulators fail. I was told to always turn the propane off at the tank, or inline valve. In this way, the grill will burn off the gas left in the line and regulator. Dummie me, but now I know.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast