User Tag List

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We bought a Cuisinart 2 burner stainless steel grill on Amazon.I believe it was $165.00. I bought an quick disconnect adaptor ($12.00) so I could remove the attached regulator and hose. I bought a 12 foot propane hose ($23.00) and connect it to the port on the trailer.
    The grill works great. Very pleased.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We bought the following and use a griddle on it for breakfast. Works great, lighter weight than most and relatively inexpensive. Works on bulk tanks. Adapters available to hook up to trailer quick comnect.

Megamaster 820-0033M Propane Gas Grill, Stainless Steel https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07P8QXMH3..._mj9AFbMVNQDMT

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleK View Post
    We bought a Cuisinart 2 burner stainless steel grill on Amazon.I believe it was $165.00. I bought an quick disconnect adaptor ($12.00) so I could remove the attached regulator and hose. I bought a 12 foot propane hose ($23.00) and connect it to the port on the trailer.
    The grill works great. Very pleased.

Fyi, Cuisinart states their grills should not be used with low pressure systems. Because it works doesn't mean it is not risky or dangerous.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We went 1 step further, and got the Green Mountain Davy Crockett portable pellet Grill/smoker. It runs on 12vdc or 110vac. Worth a look. Great for burgers, dogs, ribs, chicken, pulled pork or even a brisket.
    Chuck & Madelyn
    2021 M399th
    2020 Ram 3500 Laramie 4x4 MC DRW

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can’t hook it up with the attached regulator still in place. You have to remove it so you don’t have two regulators on the same device.
    Works with any low pressure device. The Cuisinart is a low pressure grill.
    Last edited by UncleK; 09-23-2020 at 06:27 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used to use a Cuisanart for over 10 years (Cuisinart All Foods Roll-Away Propane Gas Grill-CGG-240). Worked really well, but when we bought the Solitude, the wife wanted a larger cooking surface. So I gave that one to my daughter for her camper and we just started using Coleman RoadTrip 285. We will see how it holds up. As for propane supply options, I went the splitter and hose route from the tank.

https://smile.amazon.com/DOZYANT-Pro...dDbGljaz10cnVl

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Put the splitter on the tank, reconnect the trailer to one side, then connect the hose and run it out the bottom of the curb side bay. On Solitudes the regulator is in the street side bay, so the curb side tank has just the normal screw-in connection. Braided hose protects against rips, 12' length gives plenty of room to keep the grill away from the trailer. I assume the Momentum has similar setups for their tanks.
    Greg and Colleen Gates
    Albuquerque, NM
    2020 Solitude 344 GK
    2019 F350 Lariat Superduty DRW

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xlsmle View Post
    We bought the following and use a griddle on it for breakfast. Works great, lighter weight than most and relatively inexpensive. Works on bulk tanks. Adapters available to hook up to trailer quick comnect.

Megamaster 820-0033M Propane Gas Grill, Stainless Steel https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07P8QXMH3..._mj9AFbMVNQDMT
    I agree a small propane grill connected to the RV using a griddle is ideal. We use the NexGrill from Costco, it has a stainless grid. I haven't found a propane grill that works well, but then given I usually cook with charcoal (Kamado - BGE/Primo, WSM and an old offset) suppose that is understandable. I pair a Lodge LDP3 griddle with the Nexgrill as a flat top, or just a gas grill if you must use a valve controlled fire. When not in wildfire season, my goto is the little Weber Smokey Joe.
    Judy & Larry
    Ty and Ali the St Bernard drool machines
    Delta, British Columbia, GWN
    2019 Imagine 2150RB - lovingly christened “IM-A-GENE” towed by Dusty via Andersen 3350.
    2018 F150 SCREW 3.5 EcoBoost Lariat - respectfully christened “Dusty”.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan the man View Post
    I have a Weber BBQ that I bought around 10 yrs. ago . I think it is a model 100 or 1200, I am not sure. I also just bought a Blackstone 17" griddle. The Blackstone is in my opinion a piece of junk. Cheap Chinese garbage. All of these reviewers on You Tube must be getting paid by Blackstone to say these things are good. I am keeping mine for making breakfast foods (eggs and Pancakes), but for hamburgers and stakes the Weber is the way to go.
    By the way if you want to pay the most money, buy on Amazon, they have been price gouging since the beginning of the pandemic. Check out the prices on the Walmart website, their prices are much more reasonable than Amazon.
    Mal & Helen
    With Mitzi our Yorkie
    2021 Solitude 310GK-R
    2020 Reflection 303RLS Sold
    2020 Ford F250 Lariat Super Duty 4WD 6.7 Diesel Short Bed
    B&W Companion Slider
    Amateur Radio Call sign WA2TWA

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I urge you guys to read your manuals on your grills. Most of these the manufacturer states not to use with low pressure and often it right in the safety section. Here is one example from the cuisinart 306, "Never attempt to attach this grill to the self-contained LP gas system of a camper trailer or motor home."

Weber has some models than can do both. The Camco can. Again, most do not.

When using gas, better safe than sorry. The risk s taken can impact the family in the adjacent site.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MachWun View Post
    I urge you guys to read your manuals on your grills. Most of these the manufacturer states not to use with low pressure and often it right in the safety section. Here is one example from the cuisinart 306, "Never attempt to attach this grill to the self-contained LP gas system of a camper trailer or motor home."

Weber has some models than can do both. The Camco can. Again, most do not.

When using gas, better safe than sorry. The risk s taken can impact the family in the adjacent site.
    The manual for a 306 also states 11” WC pressure, which is pretty much same as your RV fridge. Not being a gas expert, I think Cuisinart does not want the consumer removing the regulator assembly and attaching a gas line to supply the grill. If a regular extension hose is attached to the grill, maybe someone might attach the grill without a regulator directly to a tank - that would be dangerous as it would turn the grill into a weed burner. The only downside I might see is the grill could be slightly starved if the fridge and/or hot water tank cycled on. Do you know if there is anything “special” about the Cuisinart regulator?
    Judy & Larry
    Ty and Ali the St Bernard drool machines
    Delta, British Columbia, GWN
    2019 Imagine 2150RB - lovingly christened “IM-A-GENE” towed by Dusty via Andersen 3350.
    2018 F150 SCREW 3.5 EcoBoost Lariat - respectfully christened “Dusty”.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast