User Tag List

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MachWun View Post
    I urge you guys to read your manuals on your grills. Most of these the manufacturer states not to use with low pressure and often it right in the safety section. Here is one example from the cuisinart 306, "Never attempt to attach this grill to the self-contained LP gas system of a camper trailer or motor home."
    Wouldn't they be warning against making a connection to the regulator on their product? The double-regulated result would be inconsistent pressure.

A properly-configured trailer connection, especially one that is supplied from immediately after the trailer's main regulator, offers pressure in the range required by many consumer-targeted gas appliances.

When we first got our Weber Q we ran it a few times with the little one-pound tanks that it was designed for. Then we removed its regulator and hooked to the trailer's properly-configured supply line. There was and has been NO discernible difference in performance in the years since, including no dangerous flame-outs or flare-ups.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have something similar to this. My husband uses it cook bacon for breafast (so not to mess up the kitchen). Can also cook, almost anything on it, and it's easy to store.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brendak28 View Post
    We have something similar to this. My husband uses it cook bacon for breafast (so not to mess up the kitchen). Can also cook, almost anything on it, and it's easy to store.
    Hi Brenda, welcome.

When responding to a post here it's almost always best to use the "Reply With Quote" link at the bottom right of every message. That copies the text that you're responding to into your message - you can see your text quoted at the top of this post - so that anyone coming along later understands the context of your question or comment. (It also sends an alert to the person you responded to, so that they know to come back to this thread and read further in it.)

In your post above, it's hard to know what "this" you were talking about when you wrote "similar to this".

Again, welcome.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would stick to a Weber product, I have found the others get too hot, the flame is too close to the cooking grate.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same with my Cuisinart grill. No flare-ups or flame outs. Works just the same as if I had it hooked up to a 20lb stand alone propane tank.
    Again, it has to be a low pressure appliance with any-other regulator removed unless you “T” into the gas line before the trailer regulator.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boyscout View Post
    Wouldn't they be warning against making a connection to the regulator on their product? The double-regulated result would be inconsistent pressure.

A properly-configured trailer connection, especially one that is supplied from immediately after the trailer's main regulator, offers pressure in the range required by many consumer-targeted gas appliances.

When we first got our Weber Q we ran it a few times with the little one-pound tanks that it was designed for. Then we removed its regulator and hooked to the trailer's properly-configured supply line. There was and has been NO discernible difference in performance in the years since, including no dangerous flame-outs or flare-ups.
    Most Weber's are designed to work both ways. So is the Camco 5500. Likely a few other models. Most are not. If they were safe to use this way, manufacturers would gladly sell you a conversion kit. I wanted the Char-broil grill2go but when I contacted Char-grill, they said the grill was not designed for low pressure and was unsafe to do so.

Lots of seemingly valid reasoning why it should not be a problem. Have not heard anyone claiming to be a gas expert. I certainly am not. When it comes to gas, I am going with what the MFG says.

I have seen so many people towing with their TV practically dragging the rear end, wrong TV (saw someone just last month using a Ford Escape with their Forest River), .... Just because it works does not mean it is safe to do so.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am an outdoor cooking enthusiast. On my home deck I have a grill, a smoker, and a big Blackstone. For me, each has their place and is ideal for certain types of foods and recipes. For camping, I have owned probably 5 grills, including some fairly expensive ones, and have never been satisfied. Portable and good grill just didn't seem to be a combo I could find. Most were too hot and burned food due to the compact design having the grate too close to the flame, or there was a vastly different range of temps from the center to the edges, and most often a combination of the two. Last year we switched to a Blackstone griddle in camping and have never looked back! I do suggest you get a dome style cover on it in order to properly cook meat without drying it out. I don't see myself ever having a grill in camping again.
    Last edited by Timmer; 09-25-2020 at 02:05 PM.
    Timmer
    2020 Grand Design Reflection 312BHTS
    2015 Ford F350, 6.2L Gas, Crew Cab

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am surprised nobody recommended the CampChef grill, https://www.cabelas.com/shop/en/camp...ill-camp-stove. 2-3 *powerful* burners, you can add the oven that we use for foil packs when fires are not permitted (in Colorado), and we just put a large griddle over 1-2 burners when we need the surface. I will have coffee, bacon, and eggs. Or burgers, brats, and a pot of chili going simultaneously. I could not come close to cooking this much, this fast on the camp chef. And we used our RV inline gas line to use it.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used the same Y splitter on my 310 GK and it works great to supply propane for the grill and inside range

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456