Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Schwintek Slide Motor Replacement on 376

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	brokewire.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	94.8 KB 
ID:	29615

Yep, another broken wire on a Schwintek Slide motor. This makes my third one. Part number 236575. At around $150 per motor I may have to learn how to solder.

In the 376 the slides are real close to the cabinets, only about 6" clearance. This made getting the motor out difficult. On the second motor replacement the tech chose to remove the slide trim that was next to motor to get enough clearance to pull it out. I saw there was a little flex in the slide railing system, so I muscled it out. This one was on the passenger side near the cap.

Couple of lessons learned. First off, when the slide starts to drag a little or not stay synched while sliding the problem is peeking it's head out, slide motor failure is eminent. It is possible to move the slide with motor failure, the good motor will still go if you put it in manual mode (search u tube, lots of videos out there) and have the big guy push on the slide while someone operates the slide controller, go slow.

I took time to alight the motor shaft on the new motor to look the same as the old motor, this paid dividends when it was time to drop the motor back into the slot.

What I didn't plan for was putting the seals back on, I had to make another trip into town to get some gasket sealer. I probably used the wrong product and will have to redo this soon.

I had planned on 4-8 hours to this, it took me 2, 1 hour was spent going into town.

If anyone knows the proper product to put on the seals to make them stick to the railing please speak up.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you lubed your slideout. Lubing won't fix a motor, but it does effect the loading.

Soldering is not that difficult unless you have surface mounted devices or connectors.
    Foard County News & Sassy Schoolmarm
    Nathan & Susan Gifford
    Belle, & Danke
    53 days camping 8000 miles 2017
    2017 Imagine 2800BH
    '07 GMC Sierra 2500HD Duramax LBZ 4WD

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KatrinaAnon View Post
    Have you lubed your slideout. Lubing won't fix a motor, but it does effect the loading.

Soldering is not that difficult unless you have surface mounted devices or connectors.
    Lubing the slide outs is routine maintenance done quarterly. The connector is very fine and would require a specific type of soldering tool that I do not posses.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is the problem with a lot of the new connectors. You might check and see if it was custom designed connector or something off the shelf. It might be possible to replace it with something that will functionally work even if it is not an exact replacement.
    Foard County News & Sassy Schoolmarm
    Nathan & Susan Gifford
    Belle, & Danke
    53 days camping 8000 miles 2017
    2017 Imagine 2800BH
    '07 GMC Sierra 2500HD Duramax LBZ 4WD

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have now replaced four of the six motors on my 379fl. All were the result of broken wires. Schwintek has added significant strain relief on the newer motors (just bought one). I took the defective motors to a local electronics repair shop and they re-soldered the wires and added strain relief. They have worked with no problems so far. My conversations with Schwintek were disappointing. They said they were aware of the problem and were making changes, but they still wouldn't give me even a wholesale discount on replacements.

Safe Travels.

Jim
    Jim & Gwen
    2015 Solitude 379fl, VIN 573FS4324F1102454
    2011 F-350 SC, DRW, 6.7 PSD, Ride-Rite Air Bags, Pull-Rite 20.5 K
    "You can't get lost if you don't care where you're going"