User Tag List

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Propane regulator

Okay, I understamd when you run out of propane on one tank the gauge turns red and switches to the other tank. You then turn the regulator to the other tank to have the other tank filled. My question is does the gauge turn back to green when you switched it to the other tank and when you get the empty tank filled will the newly filled tank become your reserve tank and will the gauge turn red on the other tank when it is empty. Wasn't sure if the gauge only worked one way. Thanks for your help.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes to all
    2020 Reflection 337RLS
    2020 F350 Dually

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You got it right. they go back and forth in both directions.
    Pam & Ed
    "Just Kruse'n"

Momentum 376TH (New 11/04/2016)
    Full Timing since 11/04/2016
    2017 Ram 3500 DRW Aisin 3.73

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I usually keep the second tank shut off. When one is empty, I open the full tank and get the first one filled. I’ve never run out of propane that way. I understand how nice it could be to have them automatically change over, but I also understand what a pain it would be to not realize that they have switched over and have the second one run dry.

I’d rather have the minor inconvenience of having to switch them over myself, and know that I have the full one in reserve.
    Tom and Janice (known as Tom in PGH on the “other” forum)

First came the 18' Comfort bumper-pull, was great for 20 years.
    Now a 2019 Reflection 303RLS, second air, double glass, table and chairs
    2019 F350 Lariat (Diesel) 4x4 Crewcab with lots of goodies
    Andersen aluminum with the puck system holding it all together
    Cranberry Twp. PA, about 30 miles north of Pittsburgh

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Richter View Post
    I usually keep the second tank shut off. When one is empty, I open the full tank and get the first one filled. I’ve never run out of propane that way. I understand how nice it could be to have them automatically change over, but I also understand what a pain it would be to not realize that they have switched over and have the second one run dry. I’d rather have the minor inconvenience of having to switch them over myself, and know that I have the full one in reserve.
    Each to their own @heingalls.

I'd MUCH rather have the changeover occur automatically rather than lose propane supply in the middle of cooking something, or when I'm naked starting a shower and find the water's not hot, or during the night when the furnace needs it.

With a little experience you'll develop a sense of when your starting tank is likely to be depleted. The stove, fridge and water heater sip propane quite frugally - it can take weeks and even months depending on use and ambient temps to use up a 30-pound tank with them. OTOH the furnace gulps the stuff - several nights in near-freezing weather can suck a tank dry.

When your spidey-sense tells you that you might be getting low you add a 30-second task to your daily routine to glance at the regulator and look for the red indicator telling you that the first tank has been depleted. Then you flip the lever to the second tank and go fill the first one.

If you don't trust your spidey-sense or your memory you can get these popular tank monitors and check your tanks via Bluetooth on your cell phone:

https://mopeka.com/

Welcome to the forum!
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boyscout View Post
    Each to their own @heingalls.

I'd MUCH rather have the changeover occur automatically rather than lose propane supply in the middle of cooking something, or when I'm naked starting a shower and find the water's not hot, or during the night when the furnace needs it.

With a little experience you'll develop a sense of when your starting tank is likely to be depleted. The stove, fridge and water heater sip propane quite frugally - it can take weeks and even months depending on use and ambient temps to use up a 30-pound tank with them. OTOH the furnace gulps the stuff - several nights in near-freezing weather can suck a tank dry.

When your spidey-sense tells you that you might be getting low you add a 30-second task to your daily routine to glance at the regulator and look for the red indicator telling you that the first tank has been depleted. Then you flip the lever to the second tank and go fill the first one.

If you don't trust your spidey-sense or your memory you can get these popular tank monitors and check your tanks via Bluetooth on your cell phone:

Welcome to the forum!

I concur, it only takes one time going out in the middle of the night in +10C weather in your underwear to appreciate the auto changeover feature!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I had the Reflection TT it would auto changeover. On my current Solitude I read that there was no auto changeover, I need to manually change it over if I wanted to swap tanks. Is that not true?
    Jim & Kate
    2019 Ford F350 CC 6.7 Diesel DRW
    2020 Solitude 344GK
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    2017 Ford F250 6.7 Diesel (Sold - already miss her)
    2018 GD Reflection 315RLTS (Sold)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boyscout View Post

Welcome to the forum!
    Love the Mopeka!!!
    Tim & Lori
    2016 Ford F-350 SRW 6.7L Platinum/60 gal Titan tank
    2018 Reflection 307 MKS
    Anderson Ultimate Hitch
    Haloview MC7108 rear and side cameras
    TST 507 4 Sensor Tire Monitoring System with Color Display