User Tag List

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New members w/new 2450RL (2020) & Beginner

Hello,
    We purchased our new 2450RL(2020) mid-July and seems like weather and life just keeps getting in the way to get to our 1st trip, hopefully next week end will be our maiden trip. We have the luxury of our daughter and son in law as our mentors, they too just purchased a new 2250RK(2020) prior to our purchase unfortunately they have had some issues but are close to getting it back.

None the less I have been on the list searching the information we needed to make informed decisions on how we will manage our TT, and it has been quite helpful. One day we may become contributors once we become more seasoned. For now more questions than answers.

Basically we rented a TT last year and followed (from New Orleans) our daughter and son in law to Washington DC for week long trip, loved the whole experience but the TT was not as at the comfort level we would have liked. Nonetheless, a year later we followed their lead and purchased our first TT, using their 10+ years experience to guide us.
    Dana & Janet H.
    New Orleans, La.
    Imagine 2450RL (MY2020)
    2018 GMC 1500 Sierra, SLT Z71 4X4

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome from Georgia. We too have the 2020 2450RL and love it.
    We consider it the perfect couples trailer. Not small, not large but it accommodates us very well.
    I would suggest checking your truck Payload against the 2450rl. Our hitch weight is right at 1,000 lbs.
    Have fun and enjoy:
    Bob A.
    Bob & Alice
    2020 Ram 3500 Limited Megacab SRW Aisin
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 2450RL
    ProPride 3P 1400 lb. bars WDH
    Micro Air easy start, Goodyear Endurance Load rated "E" Tires
    Titan 50 gallon diesel replacement tank
    Previous: 2019 Ram 1500 Limited

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bob,
    Thanks for the welcome and the advice.
    Between my son in law and myself we did a lot of homework and believe we are well within the limits but will be checking that in the near future.
    Our Sierra has the 5.3Lv8, with 8 speed tranny and enhanced towing package but it is the short box. Max Trailer weight being 10,700# with a GCWR of 16,700#.
    I do expect the tongue weight to be close to if not slightly more.
    Our WDH, EAZ Lift is rated at Max Tongue wt. of 1200# Max gross Trailer wt of 12,000#.
    The truck's payload is 1533# so leaves very little left for payload to carry in the truck which at this point doesn't concern us. Just the wife and I and our 2 pet dogs which weight in at 5#s a piece.
    Plan to stop at a set of scales and check total weight of rig then just truck weight with us and what we plan to carry.
    Hopefully our first trip will be this weekend coming up.
    Again thanks for the infomation.
    Dana & Janet H.
    New Orleans, La.
    Imagine 2450RL (MY2020)
    2018 GMC 1500 Sierra, SLT Z71 4X4

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We purchased a 2020 2450RL August of 2019, we have the dark interior. We are retired and just completed a 4300km trip in Ontario and Manitoba gone 41 days. The trailer was perfect for us 2 retired people and a Siamese cat. Out TV is a 2019 F150 with 2.7EB with 3/4 tank of water and a full tank of gas a generator in the truck bed with a 20lb propane tank and a 18" fire pit we weighted 13,220lbs at the CAT scale. The truck never skipped a beat and the trailer worked perfect not 1 complaint or a warranty issue in 13 months of ownership (touch wood) we feel its the perfect couples trailer enjoy your new TT and let us know how things are going and any questions.

Ken
    2020 Imagine 2450RL
    Wasaga Beach Ontario Canada
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 Trailer Tow Package
    Eaz-Lift Elite WD Hitch 14,000lb capacity 1,200lb bars