User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Which way is up?

I wasn't sure where to post this and then saw 'best practices' in the description. A best practice would be for campgrounds to mount their 50 amp receptacle right side up.

We are on our first trip with the new rig. First state park site, 50 amp receptacle was upside down. Round pin at the top. Made it challenging to connect the Progressive surge suppressor and power cable. A couple of bungees were needed to secure the upside down situation.

Second state park, same thing! I checked the sites on either side of us and they both had round pin on the bottom. I don't know if I should play the lottery or stop letting the DW pick campsites.

When you thought you had all the dongles and adaptors you would ever need, don't forget the 50 amp wrong side up to right side up adaptor. If this is the only problem we encounter it will be a great trip!!
    Mike & Lisa
    Central Florida
    2021 Imagine 2970RL
    1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Someone didn't know what they were doing. We've been to a campground that had the electric panels on the wrong side of the sites. Maybe they make extra money selling people an extra cord to reach the panel.
    2018 Reflection 315RLTS
    2023 F350 Lariat 6.7L/CC/LB/FX4