User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I gotta tell allya'all* seeing people answer the question asked without straying off course is refreshing. I posed the same question on a Facebook page and for the most part, got some very useful and on target answers. However, there were those few whose reading comprehension skills prove they are not smarter than a 5th grader while trying to make you feel like a 5th grader. Here are a few of the things they pushed that did not remotely address the question of comparing the digital read-out to manual calculations.

-7th grade math lesson on how to calculate mpg
    -manual calculation of just one tank is meaningless
    including all of the variables of what effects tank level when filling up
    -if you are worried about mpg, you shouldn't own a truck & 5th wheel
    -If I had to think this issue I would just stay home and ride my bike,just saying
    -Doing the math if you have a 36 gallon fuel tank math wisw it would be correct (I don't even remotely understand that one. What is wisw?)

Anyway, thanks for all the on topic responses.

*ally'all = it's just a Texas thang.
    Last edited by cruisinTx; 10-07-2020 at 10:03 AM.
    those who say "I can't", will always be right

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin.lanes View Post
    I have a 2020 Duramax and it’s my first diesel so I understand the DEF concern, but factor in the lower cost of diesel and the fact you can go to the truck stop and get pump DEF. (something I learnt on this forum)

You will appreciate the diesel with every hill you climb leaving the gassers behind.
    Def really isn't that expensive and the oil changes are about 75% more than my last gasser. Still no big deal. Feeling my truck lean into a hill and not even break a sweat? Worth every penny. I am so glad I went with the Diesel Motor.

My unloaded freeway mileage is averaging around 18-19 mpg. Pulling I get 11.8 mpg pretty consistently. Most of my trips are short jaunts (175 miles) over to the coast so it is a mix of mountains and valleys for me.

Happy Trails,
    2020 Reflection 29RS 5th Wheel
    2019 GMC 2500 HD 4x4 Duramax

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very good question. I have a 2019 GMC 3500HD Denali Duramax. The computer always shows better than real world by about .5mpg.
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234