Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Backup camera selection

Just picked up our new Imagine XLS 21BHE. Noted the Furion backup camera prewire, but we are looking for a less expensive camera system in place of Furion.
    Looking for recommendations for alternatives to the furion system, particularly those that work in the Furion pre-wired mount.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My wife, we always back up with a person, to many problems can happen with technology.
    Bob and Cheryl, Puka the doodle
    2018 Ram 2500 Crew,Diesel,4x4
    2016 Reflection 27RL
    2012 Palomino 6.5 camper

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also curios for our Momentum 29G... I thought my only choice was to go with Furion.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can go by a cheap "license plate" camera at an auto parts store.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 3250BH and we went with the Haloview RD7 Mini. It fits with the Furrion "Shark Fin" adapter and you run cable along the roof to a repeater box that goes on the roof near the front of the trailer to ensure a strong signal on the monitor. You do not have to drill into the roof, the unit comes with cable ties that have heavy duty 3M tape on the bottom, and the repeater box has the 3M tape as well. If you want you can use a little dicor with them as well to ensure they don't go anywhere. Total install took me about an hour.

The Haloview has beautiful picture (believe it is 720P) and we do not lose signal even at highway speed. It is both a backup camera and observation camera, in that you can use it when you are driving down the road. Driving down the road is when I really enjoy having it as it aids in changing lanes and seeing what is going on behind me.

To be totally honest, I really don't use it at all when backing up. It was one of the first things I bought and I thought it would be a "must have" for backing up my rather large trailer (36'11") but it is just no replacement for a good spotter, using side mirrors, and sticking my head out the window if its a drivers'-side backup. Its not like the backup camera in a car where you can just look at the screen and really don't need mirrors. I think it is because the camera is so high and provides such a wide view, you really can't make precision adjustments to your backup path like you can from a spotter, mirrors, or stopping to get out and look yourself. That being said, I do recommend the RD7 Mini from Haloview as we have not had any problems with it.

Matt & Michelle
    Tennessee
    2021 Imagine 3250BH
    2020 Ford F250 6.7L

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm glad we went with a cheaper made in China that fit into the Furion. It also acts as a rear view. At first I thought that it was a must have but then quickly realized that it by far doesn't replace a spotter.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE