User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

17 chevy k2500 tow a reflection 337rls

Hi all, newby to 5ers. Considering a new reflection 337rls. Plan on towing with a chevy k2500 deisel. This is supposed to be the 1 ton varient. I think we're ok but want to see what the community thinks.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think your 1 tons are C/K 3500's. You'll need to check out the weight specs of both the trailer and the vehicle. Look on the driver's post for weight carrying capabilities.

The 337 is the heaviest of the Reflection fifth wheels. Most likely, you'll exceed the weight carrying capabilities of your truck after you put all your "stuff" into the trailer. It's the Kingpin weight that's most often exceeded on 3/4 ton vehicles.

I have a 323BHS @ 11K/2K dry weight and a F250 with Timbrens and air bags. My tuner diesel engine tows the trailer fine, but I'm max'd out on Kingpin weight.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our 337RLS has a pin weight close to 3,000lbs depending on what we are carrying. If you plan on a washer and drier it will be VERY pin heavy. The empty pin weight on ours as measured at the dealer was 2150. Check your door sticker to see what your payload capacity is - a conventional 5th wheel hitch will likely add several hundred pounds more to your payload. We're pulling ours with a 3500 diesel dually.
    David and Vicki and 21 month old Springer Spaniel Sadie
    2019 Silverado LTZ 2500HD Crew Cab Short Bed Duramax/Allison stock
    2023 Reflection 150 series 226RK
    B&W Companion 16K on rails EezTire TPMS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Many Thanks

Good points and thanks, glad I asked! You guys are correct, my pay load is 3200 with a 13.5 tow. I agree that we need to find a lighter trailer. At first I was concerned about not having a king bed but it looks like units with the 60" x 80" queen is about all I can tow (dogs gonna be mad). Any thoughts on comparable units? I'm not hard over on GD, but want quality. Worried about some of the junk on the market.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Look at the 303....the bed isnt in the slide, but the overall layout is the same.
    People keep telling me to follow my dreams...so I went back to bed

2019 303rls
    2017 GMC 2500hd ccsb 2wd 6.0 gas
    Andersen ultimate rail mount hitch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by avf100 View Post
    Look at the 303....the bed isnt in the slide, but the overall layout is the same.
    Roger that. I believe the 303 is gonna be hard to beat. Dealer 60 mi away has one on order....OUCH! There goes my new golf clubs.