User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Furnace not producing heat

Good evening everyone. New the forum and looking for some help. Had to turn the furnace on this past week. The temps are getting down to the single digits at night. (IÂ’m Canadian sorry lol) I think thatÂ’s around 35-48F. Anyways. IÂ’ve turned on the furnace and it kicks on for about 2 minutes and then stops working. My propane tanks are full. IÂ’ve turned on all the burners on the stove and the water heater to get the air out of the lines. My gauges are green so thatÂ’s not the problem. I hear it click on and I can feel the air coming from the vents but itÂ’s just cold air. My thermostat actually went down a degree the one time I was trying to fix it. Has anyone had this problem or know of a fix? IÂ’ve checked the fuse and it is good. The exhaust is clear and not blocked. The A/C and fans both work when I put on those settings. IÂ’m out of ideas and or options. Is this a take it to a dealer for a fix? Any help would greatly be appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.

Quinner

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum.

Might want to look into sail switch and limit switch. I forget which is which, one has to do with propane flow and one has to do with air flow.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have had this exact problem. In mine, i did test the sail switch but if you hear the propane lighting and then going right out, it is not the sail switch...the sail switch is just an air flow sensing switch.

Second thing to check is if it is trying to light. If it is trying but not staying lit, it is probably the flame sensor/ignitor. They do go bad and can crack the porcelain which will ground it out and not swnd the right signal to the board that a flame is present, which will then close the propane valve.

Another check is the fuse on the circuit board controller for the furnace. Make sure it is not blown.

If all this checks out but still no flame, double check all connections are free of corrosion. If they are and no dice....you most likely have a bad circuit board controller.

Mine turned out to be the ignitor/flame sensor. It was going to be a month to get it in....i ordered one from Amazon for $12USD and fixed it in 20 minutes.

Let us know how you resolve this.

2021 Reflection 303rls
    2019 ram 2500 cc 4x4 6.4l gas short bed
    2021 GD Reflection 303rls
    2019 ram 2500 Crew Cab tradesman 4x4
    Autoslider 5th wheel hitch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for your input.
    We took the trailer to the dealer at seasons end. They checked over everything and removed the furnace. All they found was some loose connections. They tightened them up and tried it and it worked. When we picked it up and brought it home I double checked that everything was still a go and it was.
    Thanks for your input again. Hopefully we don’t have to deal with this again.

Cheers