Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question for owners on 2015 Ram 350 DRW

Looked at a 2015 Ram 350 DRW. The question is on the rear suspension leveling system that would come on it. Does it level back up to the normal height of where it started from before hitching up the 5er, or just raise it enough to not sag, if your 5er causes it to sag some, Reason I am asking is the bed is sitting higher than my current truck which is a Ford 350 by 4 to 5 inches. Thanks for any feed back you can give.
    Robert & Kat
    2 teenagers
    2 Dogs
    Arkansas
    2017 Ram 3500 CCLB
    2015 385 Momentum
    Retired Military,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Hootie, I don't know much about the RAM, but I am curious why you are considering switching brands...I'm not hung up on any brand which is why I'm curious.

Thanks

Regards,

AJ

2015 FORD F450 Lariat Ultimate
    2012 HD RoadGlide Ultra
    2015 GD Momentum 350M

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We really like our 385Th toyhauler, and figure it being with us a very long time. And as you know a heavy piece of fun on wheels, then add the toys and what you need for the toys. My current 2012 F350 DRW 4x4, is capable of towing it, and accomplishing it fine. On the limits on the GVWR somtimes, when you add everything up.Things are changing, young ones growing up, dogs are getting heavier, TH needs a constant spring cleaning, I evidently put things in it and forget about it. Tool box gets heavier. Try to put just one more something somewhere so if I need it I got it. But I got to limit myself, the TV will pull just so much safely. I would love to get a Volvo (HDT) but do not see it in my Future, to me that's a one purpose truck. I tow other things with my truck, so when I figure out what I need with my homework, and ready to buy, I am ready. 900 to 1000 lbs do not sound like much, but being under by that much it safer than being over by that much. Hootie

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I was used to a Ford F350 and I wanted to go up, I'd be looking at the F450 cab and chassis--with a tow bed and the built in under floor tool boxes.

The chassis is like a medium duty truck, and it's quite beefy.

Matt Hankins
    Hootie, bought a 2015 Ram 3500 4x4 last week and took the 385TH out for it's first outing this weekend. The Air bag suspension leveled the truck up automatically (pushed a button) to normal driving height when we hooked up. Pulled effortlessly, very impressed with the power and ride quality.

Picked the RAM after driving Ford 3500's the last 15 years... Hope this helps

breeze rider
    Dodge ram Turbo cummins diesel...... best there is....no doubt.....

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by breeze rider View Post
    Dodge ram Turbo cummins diesel...... best there is....no doubt.....
    Well, of course that's certainly debatable by all the GM and Ford owners out here
    Paul "Poppy" and Deb Cervone
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE - SOLD ; 2015 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS - SOLD
    2016 GMC Denali 3500HD SRW Duramax/Allison CC 4x4; Tire Minder TPMS

breeze rider
    Paul.....your right......this is a topic that can be debatable by all the GM and Ford owners out there.... they all make good trucks...

but..... after all my research , i find the cummins diesel to be the best....

Think about it.... the big trucks ( 18 wheelers) have been running cummins forever..... it's proven

Do the research...then decide for yourself.....

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I'm mostly yanking your chain but ...... my research led me to my Duramax
    Paul "Poppy" and Deb Cervone
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE - SOLD ; 2015 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS - SOLD
    2016 GMC Denali 3500HD SRW Duramax/Allison CC 4x4; Tire Minder TPMS

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Paul.....your right......this is a topic that can be debatable by all the GM and Ford owners out there.... they all make good trucks...

but..... after all my research , i find the cummins diesel to be the best....

Think about it.... the big trucks ( 18 wheelers) have been running cummins forever..... it's proven

Cummins Motors in heavy trucks go up to 600 horsepower and 2050 ft. pounds of torque. They have nothing in common with the Cummins engines used in Ram 3500's--other than they are both built in Columbus, Indiana in different factories. Not one piece of the heavy duty on road diesel fits on a light duty 3/4-1 ton truck engine.

After owning a SuperDuty for 12 years, I just happen to prefer the quality Ford cab, seats, and components over that of the Ram--not to mention the looks. My truck has given fantastic service in every way, and I still hope it's the last truck I'll ever buy.

But any of the Big 3's 3/4 ton and 1 ton trucks are very, very good vehicles and will pull a RV just fine if properly equipped for the weight carried on the bed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast