User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    J.T. Strongarm stabilizers are wonderful.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I second JT Strongarm. You can’t go wrong with that or SteadyFast. On my 5th wheel (28BH) with 4 jacks, one of these stabilizers is a must.

Before the JT, I tried the Valterra Universal Stabilizer on the back end. It helps. But the height limitation makes it unusable on some uneven ground. And it still doesn’t help the front end.

I can see the Valterra being useful if the trailer length falls within a certain range. But I don’t know what that range is.

Regarding the JT. The rear stabilizers require threading a hole in the frame of the trailer. It’s easy to do, but the frame steel is weaker than the steel used for nuts and bolts. I wasn’t comfortable putting too much torque on those bolts. I suggest buying lock washers to supplement those bolts. They should have been included in the kit.

Update: I say a JT or SteadyFast is required on my rig because the kids are on one end, and we are on the other. As with anything RV related, there are a lot of factors to consider.
    Last edited by Conguero; 10-07-2020 at 05:53 PM.

Fireside Member Jefferson Beifuss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I, too, installed a set of the JT Strongarms on my 337, which uses the electric jacks, as opposed to the scissor jacks on your rig. Either way, you would want to live on YouTube, to educate yourself on the install process of whichever stabilizer setup you choose. Either one will make your life better. Install is fine with a good set of drill bits and patience.
    Jeff & Jean
    2015 GD Reflection 337RLS, Goodyear Endurance tires, JT Strongarm stabilizers
    2015 Ford F-350 SRW Lariat, w/ Sulastic spring shackles, Rancho shocks, airbag, 80 gal supplemental fuel tank, Curt Q20 hitch, Access rollup cover

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This past June we purchase a 2670 MK 2021 production. All summer we comments on the shake rattle and roll. We would hear the window blinds clank as we walked around In late August I installed a set of Strong Arm stabilizers and am very happy wiht them. the set has six arms controlling forward as well as lateral movement. Extremely happy with there performance and ease of use.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But isn't that the hole RV experience? Helps digest the beer and s'mores. Lol
    I dont know if I want to add more stuff to do on set up and take down. We often just stay 1 ,maybe 2 nights per site.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynot4me2 View Post
    But isn't that the hole RV experience? Helps digest the beer and s'mores. Lol
    I dont know if I want to add more stuff to do on set up and take down. We often just stay 1 ,maybe 2 nights per site.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
    It literally takes an extra 60 seconds to set up our trailer with the Steadyfast. Loosen clamps, lower stabilizers, tighten clamps.
    Eric & Sandra
    2018 Grand Design Imagine 2670MK
    2000 Ford Excursion 7.3 Diesel 4x4

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I finished installing the JT strong arms on our 311BHS yesterday. Before, the whole rig would shake every time the dog had an itch. Last night he only managed to make it move a little bit with a full head to tail body shake. I’m also using BAL X-Chocks.

The installation was not hard, although I had to do some searching online to supplement the confusing instruction manual. I split it up into a 3 day project, total actual working time was about 4 hours. Note that the kit comes with tube steel brackets to mount to the frame and then mount the eye bolts to the brackets. I decided to skip the brackets and mount the eye bolts directly to the frame. That may or may not work for everyone, depending on the geometry of your particular trailer.

Added time to set up or break down camp is only one minute to tighten or loosen the set screws. My only concern is someone forgetting that step before retracting the jacks.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When installing the BAL Lock Arm's or the JT Strong Arm, how many do you need? Is it just 2 in total or 2 per stabilizer or...
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynot4me2 View Post
    When installing the BAL Lock Arm's or the JT Strong Arm, how many do you need? Is it just 2 in total or 2 per stabilizer or...
    The strong arms come in a set of six with two for each front jack and one for each rear jack. The rear ones are mounted at an angle to the frame so they stabilize side-to-side and fore-and-aft at the same time.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	98.7 KB 
ID:	30048

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	98.9 KB 
ID:	30051
    Last edited by KMcGuire; 10-08-2020 at 07:40 AM.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just installed the BAL Lock-Arms a couple of days ago, and they make a tremendous difference. We were previously only using x-chocks. The Lock-Arms are very easy to use. Installation was also easy after spending a little time figuring out which way was best for attaching to the stabilizer jack foot.
    Chattanooga, TN
    2016 Toyota Tundra TRD Pro 5.7 l
    2020 XLS 21BHE

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast