User Tag List

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

22MLE interior lights question

We recently purchased a new 22MLE and had it out camping last week for the first time and we are happy with our choice.
    But, there is a sliding curtain between the bed and living area.
    I went to bed but my wife and daughter were playing cards and using the overhead lights. All lights come on together and it seems strange to me that the two close to the bed and behind the curtain come on. Why would they design the lights that way and other then removing the bulbs has anyone figured out a way to have tose off?

Plus, the blue light is nice when you come in and it's dark but once you settle in that light sure is bright. Doesn't bother me but my wife had fits as she has sleeping issues any way. Any way to dim or shut the blue light off?

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jackhays View Post
    We recently purchased a new 22MLE and had it out camping last week for the first time and we are happy with our choice.
    But, there is a sliding curtain between the bed and living area.
    I went to bed but my wife and daughter were playing cards and using the overhead lights. All lights come on together and it seems strange to me that the two close to the bed and behind the curtain come on. Why would they design the lights that way and other then removing the bulbs has anyone figured out a way to have tose off?

Plus, the blue light is nice when you come in and it's dark but once you settle in that light sure is bright. Doesn't bother me but my wife had fits as she has sleeping issues any way. Any way to dim or shut the blue light off?
    For now, I hang my jacket (via a commander hock we use for keys) over the blue light. Oh my is it ever bright. I have purchade dimmers that I plan to install for the ceiling and outside light that I found here in this forum. Just do a search on here for them. Theres also a member that creates the adapter plates with his 3d printer

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hear you

Quote Originally Posted by Ynot4me2 View Post
    For now, I hang my jacket (via a commander hock we use for keys) over the blue light. Oh my is it ever bright. I have purchade dimmers that I plan to install for the ceiling and outside light that I found here in this forum. Just do a search on here for them. Theres also a member that creates the adapter plates with his 3d printer

Yea, we hung a dish towel over it but thought GD might have thought of tis issue.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jackhays View Post
    Yea, we hung a dish towel over it but thought GD might have thought of tis issue.
    We cut a piece of black felt fabric and put it over the control panel plus we attached a command strip and hang something on it.

Like you mentioned, all overhead lights come on. You could get a small table lamp or LED strips that attach with a magnet and are rechargeable by USB. I have a few with one under the TV to light the table.
    2010 Tundra SR5 DC 5.7L 4x4
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Andersen WDH
    Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension Kit
    2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2104s
    2014 Jayco x17z Hybrid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We took a small piece of black electrical tape and put it over the front of the switch. The glow still occurs around the edges, but it doesn't shine in our eyes anymore.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just took delivery on a 2021 Imagine XLS 22MLE and love it. . . . except the interior lights are very bright. It looks like a used car lot when they are on. Anyone know a simple way to put a dimmer on those things without being an electrical engineer? LOL

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy3911 View Post
    We just took delivery on a 2021 Imagine XLS 22MLE and love it. . . . except the interior lights are very bright. It looks like a used car lot when they are on. Anyone know a simple way to put a dimmer on those things without being an electrical engineer? LOL
    Do yours have the new compass connect or the old style? If it's the old style then this is what I bought for the ceiling and awning. Order direct from pca, it's a little cheaper and the fillers from Marty.
    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/top...ink_source=app

Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Randy,

Did you ever figure out a dimming solution? We have the control module in the cabinet as well, not a switch and I would like to find a way to dim.

Thanks,

Darrel
    Darrel and Angela
    Imagine XLS 22MLE
    GMC Sierra 3.0L Duramax
    Anderson WDH
    Ballentine SC

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)