Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No Outside Sound

Our Imagine has a Jensen DVD/CD player. It was replaced about a year ago, and all was well until our last trip. We have no sound coming out of our "B" (outside speakers. I have taken the unit out of the cabinet & cjecked all connections, but still no sound. Replace/Rejoyce? Any help much appreciated
    Thanks

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Is your system in the slide out? If so checking the wiring in the slide out cable. I had issues with a speaker being out and found the issue in the splices just inside the frame from where the slide out cable enters.

BTW did you had the molex recall done on your unit? The speaker wires are in the same area - maybe the dealer messed them up doing the molex work.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Non slide of rig-Thanks

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BogeyBoyNevada View Post
    Non slide of rig-Thanks
    Ok do you have a multimeter (voltage ohm tester?)

This is what I would suggest to track it down - assuming your handy. With power off go outside and pull a speaker. Note the wiring colors attached to the lugs. Place a short across the lugs and the inside at the stereo check the continuity You should read unlimited resistance across the wires. If that speaker is OK check the second one the same way. If both check OK the problem is at the stero BTW - be sure to remove the jumper on the speakers before reinstalling. On the stereo check for any fuses too. Pictures and trailer information would help too.

Hope this helps
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are both inside working? Mine had one inside and not working and when I pulled the cover of the inside one they started to work. I rotated it a bit to remove what I think was a short with the mounting hardware/ceiling.
    Imagine 2020 2670MK,
    2021 RAM 2500