User Tag List

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unexpected Fulltime Posting

I started a new job in Oklahoma City on April 1st, on basically a moments notice. There was no corporate apartment, but I had my 2016 Momentum 327 basically ready to go, so I told my company I could be there in a heartbeat, and hooked up to the Momentum and pulled it into Twin Fountains RV park for what would become a 5 month stay. I have to say, never having lived in our 5th wheel for more than 10 or 12 days at a time, but using it regularly otherwise, I didn't even think about what I'd learn from the experience. I was glad to have a job during the covid crisis.

As it turns out, I am truly satisfied with the performance of the unit parked full time. I didn't have any challenges in the ensuing months, other than I wish there were better water pressure, but I've been advised on numerous occasions not to supply without the limiter. This was during the summer, and all systems worked like a champ - I set up the garage as an office, bought a new flat screen smart TV for the living room, and used my hotspot for connectivity. These are truly well designed units, and the only problem I had was with ants trying to set up shop in the upper roof panel of the slide. Little, tiny aggravating buggers, who chewed up enough insulation to make little snow drifts in the section between the light panel and the upper fiberglass section.

In the end, we finally found a place to live permanently here, but I would full time my unit any time life required it, but I might upgrade the carpet in the master and change out the stairs to one of the extendables that gives you an additional step at the bottom for better balance carrying groceries in.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad it's working out for you Devin.
    Location - Wherever the road takes us...Full-timers
    2015 Momentum 380
    2019 Ram Dually

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice to hear a great success story during COVID-19.
    2020 Solitude 373FB-R,
    2017 Ford F-350 Lariat 6.7L 4x4 DRW Long Bed,
    TST 570 TPMS, MORryde IS, B&W 25K Companion, Garmin RV785MT

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin4242 View Post
    ...other than I wish there were better water pressure, but I've been advised on numerous occasions not to supply without the limiter.
    I'm not sure what kind of pressure regulator you have, but if you get a larger pressure regulator and not an in-line regulator you can achieve full flow while also controlling the water pressure. I made mine years ago using a 3/4" house regulator and put a pressure gauge on it.

Here is an example of a good RV regulator.

And it is good to hear you had a positive experience "work-camping". I did that a number of times before retiring, even leaving the rig at one location and going home for long weekends when close enough and if there was time.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods