User Tag List

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another reason for solar

Coming home from Idaho only 200 miles to go.... and the Generator light on the Old Dodge comes on... can't say I was surprised 25 years old with 293k on the odometer.... Pulled into campground just south of Tallahassee, plugged into shore power and noticed truck battery volts climbed fro 12.5 to 13.5... so instead of changing the alternator in a parking lot. I completed our journey with the solar panels charging the truck batteries.. they were still at 12.5 when we got home.
    2019 230RL Reflection ..... 1996 Dodge 2500 Cummins still pulling just as hard as the day I brought her home November 1995...3.6 Onan. 2 battleborns 300 watts solar, 1500 watt aims inverter....(Convictions are a far greater foe of truth than lies) {Nietztche}

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Blue View Post
    Coming home from Idaho only 200 miles to go.... and the Generator light on the Old Dodge comes on... can't say I was surprised 25 years old with 293k on the odometer.... Pulled into campground just south of Tallahassee, plugged into shore power and noticed truck battery volts climbed fro 12.5 to 13.5... so instead of changing the alternator in a parking lot. I completed our journey with the solar panels charging the truck batteries.. they were still at 12.5 when we got home.
    We had a dead battery half way through our most recent trip. Stopped to get gas, and after moving rig to parking area to grab something to eat, all we got was a "click" when ignition key was turned. Well, it was the original battery in the truck, 4 years old. We'd been having some issues with random alarms on the truck, and my husband thought it might be the battery, since it was low.

Was able to start truck using Microstart jump starter. Checked voltage and found alternator OK.

Anyway, we wound up calling AAA for battery service, and bought a new battery on the spot.
    Last edited by livinthelife; 09-23-2020 at 05:23 PM.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)