User Tag List

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

non-potable water port

I purchased my 2020 21BHE in June. There's a water port right next to the outdoor kitchen. Convenient, right? Except that when I lift the flap to expose the quick connect water connection, there's a sticker saying it is non-potable! Is it really non-potable? If so, why would you place a non-potable water source right next to the kitchen?

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Varmint View Post
    I purchased my 2020 21BHE in June. There's a water port right next to the outdoor kitchen. Convenient, right? Except that when I lift the flap to expose the quick connect water connection, there's a sticker saying it is non-potable! Is it really non-potable? If so, why would you place a non-potable water source right next to the kitchen?
    I think they say that because the blue hose you connect to it is not sanitized along with the connector. Other then that it uses either the city water or from your fresh tank. We find it convenient for rinsing off stuff like muddy shoes, pets.....

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's like drinking out of the garden hose at home. I do it all the time, especially if I'm mowing around the camper (on the lot where our camper is) and I'm thirsty. Then again I always use a drinking water freshener from Camco called Taste PURE. It's nothing more than a a mild bleach solution. So that ends up going through the blue coiled hose outside. I suppose it sanitizes it a tiny bit.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    my camper came with a short, coiled blue hose connected to the outdoor shower on the other side of the camper. Since it's blue, I assumed it was rated as a drinking water hose. I was using it to fill my tea kettle and wash dishes. Sounds like I can just bring it to the other side of the camper and use that "non-potable" water port for the same purpose. Thanks