User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

unclogged black tank using reverse water pressure from sewer hose

Well, it happened to us newbies. I guess we weren't using enough water. On the second last day of our 2 week road trip, I came to empty our half full blank tank and nothing came out. Oh no. Figured I'd turn on the flush. Nothing. We were emptying and flushing every 3rd day up until this point. TT is still under warranty so I'll be bringing it back in for the sprinkler. Anyway, back to the clog. We are lucky, in such that we can dump at home in our septic. I figured, we'd be OK until we got back home to dump so I added more water and more Geo Method and figured that the bumpy road back home would dislodged the clog. Nope. Now what. I have the Rhino flex blaster and still nothing. We are on gravel at home so if I make a mess it would be impossible to clean up. A bit of research and discovered this method and it worked so I thought I'd share.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUmPMGDEKxY
    I did it a little different but it worked and without a mess
    I used a 10ft section of sewer hose with a cap on and filled while connected with the Flex Blaster, then raised it, DW opened the black gate and we push it in and out a few times, then removed the cap (while hose is raised above tank level, connected it to the septic, drop hose and watch. It worked on the second try.
    Now we will be using a lot more water. Lesson learned.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynot4me2 View Post
    Well, it happened to us newbies. I guess we weren't using enough water. On the second last day of our 2 week road trip, I came to empty our half full blank tank and nothing came out. Oh no. Figured I'd turn on the flush. Nothing. We were emptying and flushing every 3rd day up until this point. TT is still under warranty so I'll be bringing it back in for the sprinkler. Anyway, back to the clog. We are lucky, in such that we can dump at home in our septic. I figured, we'd be OK until we got back home to dump so I added more water and more Geo Method and figured that the bumpy road back home would dislodged the clog. Nope. Now what. I have the Rhino flex blaster and still nothing. We are on gravel at home so if I make a mess it would be impossible to clean up. A bit of research and discovered this method and it worked so I thought I'd share.
    I used a 10ft section of sewer hose with a cap on and filled while connected with the Flex Blaster, then raised it, DW opened the black gate and we push it in and out a few times, then removed the cap (while hose is raised above tank level, connected it to the septic, drop hose and watch. It worked on the second try.
    I know you mentioned GEO method, but if you add 1 cup Dawn dish soap and 5 gallons of water to pre-charge the tank you wont have the issues your are. Happy camping
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerscol View Post
    I know you mentioned GEO method, but if you add 1 cup Dawn dish soap and 5 gallons of water to pre-charge the tank you wont have the issues your are. Happy camping
    Agree and a 1/2 to 1-cup borax helps a lot.
    Regards, Bruce, Lin An, Kenji & Suki (Our two Akitas)
    2019 Solitude 310GK-R
    2015 Ram 3500 Big Horn CC, TD, Aisin Tranny, DRW

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This guy's video is 6 years old, but they still sell some of the devices that he tests for cleaning black tanks. After viewing the video you'll probably come to the realization that filling the black tank with water via the toilet before draining it will help keep it from clogging.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfTd0Slt_cU
    (Ordered 7/13/20) 2021 Solitude 310GK, FBP, DP, HP, Toppers, Solar, MORryde 7K IS w/Disc Brakes
    Built 9/9/20; To Paint 9/11/20 (5-6 weeks); Done Paint 10/1/20; MORryde axle upgrade 10/5/20; Done at MORryde and paid for 10/8/20; Arrived at Dealer 10/20/20; picked up 11/7/20

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We dont use anything, but I do use a lot of water and if on a full hookup site, wait until the tank is full to dump it. Water is your friend in a black tank, you want to make sure you start with some in the black tank before you start using the tank.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A bit of research and discovered this method and it worked so I thought I'd share. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUmPMGDEKxY
    That's pretty cool. Very simple and no gadgets needed.

I use this device: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I keep this connected all the time. It will unplug the tank in a similar way. You close the gate valve, attach a hose, close the gray tank valves and turn on the hose. The hose fills up the sewer pipe with water and eventually that water pushes back into the black tank and unplugs it.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks you all for your replies and advice. This sure is a great journey and learning experience and loving every minute of it. I think that we were gradually skimping on the water. Definitely lesson learned.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fortunately have not experienced this, but now have a good solution should it occur. Thank you for posting this useful information.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another method - Valterra T1020-1 Waste Valve Cap. Hook a hose up to it. You will need to be careful to not overpressurize, but that applies for any reverse flow rinse.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steskip View Post
    Another method - Valterra T1020-1 Waste Valve Cap. Hook a hose up to it. You will need to be careful to not overpressurize, but that applies for any reverse flow rinse.
    Yep, already have that on my list things to get for next season but this will gradually add pressure which should also work. With the sewer hose, it gave more of a push then pull action, kinda like with a plunger at home.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast