User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rob,

Always enjoy your spot-on contributions. Thanks for you input.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rob: I'm seriously considering a Solitude 2930 and wondering about the solar option and considering the residential fridge, and I see you have both.

The residential fridge is a $3100 option and the solar is $2200. If I understand correctly, each of those options if chosen separately, would include 2 batteries and an inverter (1000 Watt for the res fridge and 2000 watt for the solar). So if both options are chosen together, does the configuration default to 2 batteries and one 2000 watt inverter? If so, that seems unfair if there is no discount because because we are buying the two batteries and inverters twice. Thoughts?

Also, if you go with the factory solar what outlets and appliances are connected to the inverter? Thanks!
    Steve and Barb - Delaware
    2021 Solitude S-class 2930rl, solar package, slide toppers, dual panes
    2019 F250 6.2L 3170 payload sticker Reece Goosebox 20K B&W turnover-ball
    2017 Flagstaff 23IKSS Hybrid, 6700 GVW (sold)

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trailmaster View Post
    Rob: I'm seriously considering a Solitude 2930 and wondering about the solar option and considering the residential fridge, and I see you have both.

The residential fridge is a $3100 option and the solar is $2200. If I understand correctly, each of those options if chosen separately, would include 2 batteries and an inverter (1000 Watt for the res fridge and 2000 watt for the solar). So if both options are chosen together, does the configuration default to 2 batteries and one 2000 watt inverter? If so, that seems unfair if there is no discount because because we are buying the two batteries and inverters twice. Thoughts?

Also, if you go with the factory solar what outlets and appliances are connected to the inverter? Thanks!
    Forum hint: if you use the "Reply With Quote" to the right of "Reply" (as I have done here), folks will get a notification and we'll know who you're asking/referring two. I know of at least three Robs on this forum.

I see where the 18 cu. ft. residential refrigerator is listed as an option on the Solitude 2930RL page - but it's not listed on the build and price page. Did you get the price for the upgrade from a dealership? In any case, the unit would come with only one inverter, so it would "default" to the 2,000 watt inverter if you get just solar or both solar and the residential fridge.

Batteries are supplied by your dealership and do not come from the factory. In our case, we told the dealer not to install lead-acid batteries as they normally would and ordered Battle Born LiFePO4 batteries to be delivered to our dealership. If you choose lithium batteries, the solar charge controller can be set to lithium, but it's best (but not absolutely mandatory) to replace the OEM converter/charger with a lithium-compatible model.

On out Solitude 310GK-R, the outlets over the buffet, the fridge outlet (of course), the entertainment center, and the outlet on the fridge side of the big sofa are all on the inverter. There may be others, but I haven't tested everything. A couple of batteries (especially if they are lead-acid) are just enough to run the fridge and I don't want a bunch of other stuff sapping that power.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bertschb View Post
    The Solitudes we looked at were slightly taller "upstairs" (the area over the truck bed) as compared to the Reflections we looked at. That was a big deal to me because I'm tall and hit my head on the forward portion of the ceiling of the Reflections. I still have to duck under the doorways in our Solitude but I can stand up without hitting my head.
    A bit late to this thread, but this is why we own a Solitude. I'm 6'3" and in our SOB TT I was constantly hitting my head on things and there was a 10" sweet spot I had to stand in to shower. The upstairs in the Solitude is 6'5" and the shower is actually a 2" step-down. So I can be anywhere in the Solitude's shower while I comfortably use it.

My height is also why we ruled out the Solitude 2930RL, as the bathroom vanity is in the slide and all I could see of myself in the mirror was my chest (unless I bent over). I believe there is also a new S-Class model using that same bathroom layout.

We camp in very scenic areas and love all the windows in our model. The TV is rarely used, so it stays stashed in the televator and that window, along with the one over the stove, opens up the street side of the unit. We are often amazed at the fivers we see where the only street side windows are the one in the very back and the fore/aft ones in the bed slide.

Best regards,
    Chris
    2020 Solitude 310GK FBP
    2019 Ford F350 SRW CCSB AUH
    Former Rig - 2013 North Trail FBS22
    2013 Expedition EL

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BubbaChris View Post
    .... this thread, but this is why we own a Solitude. I'm 6'3" and in our SOB TT I was constantly hitting my head on things and there was a 10" sweet spot I had to stand in to shower.

My height is also why we ruled out the Solitude 2930RL, as the bathroom vanity is in the slide and all I could see of myself in the mirror was my chest (unless I bent over). I believe there is also a new S-Class model using that same bathroom layout.

Chris
    I am 6'5" and have little issues in my Reflection 312bhts. I can stand anywhere in my shower (wish the head was a bit higher bit can be adjusted). I can stand at the edges of the camper with a baseball hat on...no problem. Only drop my head at doorways which I had to on all the others.

The outdoor kitchen cannot be closed unless you are tall. My wife needs a 2 step ladder and still b****es.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123