User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure I've seen this issue before - How to address?

We are in a nice KOA right outside Badlands, S.D. Just before bed time last night, DW screams!! I go to see what the issue is and she's freaking out at the sight of some bugs. They are very small, brownish red, do not fly, just crawl, perhaps 1/16 - 18" long. She found them in the bedroom of our new 2020 Grand Design 2670MK, well three months old TT. We are traveling from Seattle area to Central Florida, where we are moving back to our previous home.

DW began looking around, and the pesky little guys are everywhere, including the bed, kitchen/living area and bathroom. My question is, how do we address this issue. bugs FREAK her out. I've been unable to locate an intrusion point - and I need some suggestions on how to get rid of them. Any idea's?? Surely the aren't the only folks to encounter this issue.

I tried to explain to DW that we're in the woods, we're camping, we need to expect these type things and learn to deal with them. Not sure I convinced her and dont want to sour her on the experience.

I took some photos but they are sl blurry you cant make them out.

Thanks!
    Steve & Pat
    2019 Ram 3500 Limited MegaCab
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 2670MK

https://www.epgsoft.com/visited-stat...100&format=png

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bummer for sure - my wife wouldn't got to sleep if that was the case with us. I'd be calling a pest extermination company if it is as bad it sounds; they could identify the bugs and would likely know best what to do to get rid of them.

We've had moths, ants, and stink bugs. But never an invasion.

Sometimes we sprinkle borax around the tires and jack stands if we suspect bugs.

btw - did you mean to say 18" long? or 1/8" long. I'd never go in the camper again if they were 18" long. If you can't edit your post and need it updated, let me know.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post
    Bummer for sure - my wife wouldn't got to sleep if that was the case with us. I'd be calling a pest extermination company if it is as bad it sounds; they could identify the bugs and would likely know best what to do to get rid of them.

We've had moths, ants, and stink bugs. But never an invasion.

Sometimes we sprinkle borax around the tires and jack stands if we suspect bugs.

btw - did you mean to say 18" long? or 1/8" long. I'd never go in the camper again if they were 18" long. If you can't edit your post and need it updated, let me know.
    yes, that was a typo - s/b 1/8" - they are very small - and like you aid about your DW, mine slept in her recliner, if she slept at all. I did talk to one of the guys that work at this KOA - he mentioned that he has had them too - and recommended a spray. I'll give it a shot. We leave here Sunday - and will try to set up an exterminator at the stop, oof they persist. Thanks!
    Steve & Pat
    2019 Ram 3500 Limited MegaCab
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 2670MK

https://www.epgsoft.com/visited-stat...100&format=png

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd be spraying the living daylights out of those little guys. Also if they are crawlers with exo skeletons and not flyers try sprinkling some DE (Diatomaceous earth) around the exterior, including the sewer hose and water hose entry. We had an invasion of little sugar ants the first time in FL..between the DE and Terro ant stuff we got rid of them in a couple days... Tell your wife I'd of slept in the darn truck if they were in my bed! lol
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is a website that has all insects in each state. SD has about 1000, assuming that’s where they originate. The site has photos, so it takes only a few minutes to scroll thru the data. Good luck on getting rid of them.

BTW, now your adventure has started, you can tell your DW that she will be missing the largest Douglass Fir beetle hatch in the PNW in years, damn things are everywhere.
    Judy & Larry
    Ty and Ali the St Bernard drool machines
    Delta, British Columbia, GWN
    2019 Imagine 2150RB - lovingly christened “IM-A-GENE” towed by Dusty via Andersen 3350.
    2018 F150 SCREW 3.5 EcoBoost Lariat - respectfully christened “Dusty”.

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    I'd be spraying the living daylights out of those little guys. Also if they are crawlers with exo skeletons and not flyers try sprinkling some DE (Diatomaceous earth) around the exterior, including the sewer hose and water hose entry. We had an invasion of little sugar ants the first time in FL..between the DE and Terro ant stuff we got rid of them in a couple days... Tell your wife I'd of slept in the darn truck if they were in my bed! lol
    All arthropods, including insects, have exoskeletons.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stink bugs are in full swarm around home now. I'll be setting off a insect bomb before I leave on my next outing.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverado333 View Post
    We are in a nice KOA right outside Badlands, S.D. Just before bed time last night, DW screams!! I go to see what the issue is and she's freaking out at the sight of some bugs. They are very small, brownish red, do not fly, just crawl, perhaps 1/16 - 18" long. She found them in the bedroom of our new 2020 Grand Design 2670MK, well three months old TT. We are traveling from Seattle area to Central Florida, where we are moving back to our previous home.

DW began looking around, and the pesky little guys are everywhere, including the bed, kitchen/living area and bathroom. My question is, how do we address this issue. bugs FREAK her out. I've been unable to locate an intrusion point - and I need some suggestions on how to get rid of them. Any idea's?? Surely the aren't the only folks to encounter this issue.

I tried to explain to DW that we're in the woods, we're camping, we need to expect these type things and learn to deal with them. Not sure I convinced her and dont want to sour her on the experience.

I took some photos but they are sl blurry you cant make them out.

Thanks!
    Ok

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    All arthropods, including insects, have exoskeletons.

Rob
    Guess I just got schooled on bugs
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    Guess I just got schooled on bugs
    2019 Solitude 375RES Onan 5500 Splendide W/D Samsung res. fridge
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum dually 6.7L 4:30 gears
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast