User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Newbie questions for GD 22MLE

Taken delivery just over 2 weeks ago now of our unit, very pleased but either I wasnt paying attention to the walk around at the PDI or the modified Covid PDI didnt fully address all items at the time and I am afraid at that time I didnt know what I didnt know.
    But I have tried to go systematically thru the unit to understand every system using the GD Owners Manual plus all of the individual appliance manuals so that in the event of an issue I can troubleshoot. However I now have some basic questions and would appreciate your support.
    Grey tanks. According to the web site it has "a grey tank with 45 gallon capacity", the owners manual which appears to cover various models refers to 2 gray tanks (open the 1st grey tank dump valve..............repeat for 2nd grey tank). Also the Monitor panel near the entrance door shows 2 buttons for GRY1 & GRY2 with LED lights that display the fill level.
    My question is, how many Grey tanks do I have ? I can only see 1 exterior label showing Grey Tank Dump Valve and underneath the unit I only see the 1 dump valve. The Monitor panel when I press GRY1 & GRY 2 buttons they both respond with a LED display. Currently showing E for empty. If I have 2 is there a seperate switch/lever to go from GRY 1 to GRY 2 and both utilize the 1 dump valve or is this a case of the Operators Manual covering multi models ?
    Fresh Water connections. If you use the city fill connection with the blue lever set for City Water does this mean you leave the hose connected permanently while at the camp site and this by-passes the fresh water tank, also meaning the external access door has to remain open while connected ? and you do not need the water pump to operate ? I assume this also fills up the water heater somehow without filling the fresh water tank. Where the Gravity fill / Fresh water tank fill does as it suggests, you manually fill by pouring water into the Fresh water gravity fill inlet. Again I assume the water heater gets filled up somehow.
    The TV Roof Antenna, in the Operators Manual page 119 it mentions that the antenna power supply wall plate is in the "On" position and the green indicator light is illuminated. I have the wall plate as mentioned but instead of getting a green light I have a red light. It is hard to see any markings showing on or off but moving the small button (I think I press it in & out) gives you a red light or no light at all. Is this correct ? I do have some channels tuned in and if I try to watch them with a red light it is good and with no light also no picture. I am assuming this is good unless told otherwise but curious about whether I should see a green light as per the Manual.
    Monitor Panel On the Monitor Panel page 88 of the Operators Manual, you can see on the top upper left a single small button identified DSI / FLT. Not even sure if this button will light but what does DSI / FLT mean, any idea ? please. Picture attached

Thank you for your support, I am sure I will have more questions.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1090713.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	64.6 KB 
ID:	29784
    Last edited by Peter D H; 09-25-2020 at 03:42 PM.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can answer a few questions for you. You should have 2 grey tanks just like our 22RBE. Grey tank 1 is located towards the front for the kitchen sink & grey tank 2 is near the rear for the bathroom sink & shower. Grey tank valve #1 for the kitchen should be located towards the front of your trailer on the same side as your other one you found, it should be labeled as well a least ours are. They work independently of each other.
    If you have the switch on city water, than yes you need to keep the hose hooked up. There should be a hose access directly under your trailer where the hose connects, no need to leave your storage compartment door open. Yes it fills the water heater, just don't turn on the water heater until there is water in it! You do not need the water pump on when hooked to city water or hooked up at campground. Pump is only for dry camping when using fresh water tank.
    Jason & Jamie
    2016 F150 Lariat Supercrew 4x4, 5.0L, 3.55
    2020 Imagine XLS 22RBE
    The Great PNW!

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Hitsman3 for taking the time to reply, however after just checking again to make sure I do not have a fwd grey tank dump valve neither do I have a hose connection under the trailer. In the 22MLE configuration all of the plumbing is at the rear where I do have the sole dump valve. I have the fresh water dump valve located mid trailer on the right side.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It’s a little confusing at first since the Control panel shows two gray tanks. We have one and it fills up pretty quickly, wash dishes, take a couple showers, it’s ready to empty. One gray handle next to black handle.

City water hose stays attached all the time, bypasses the fresh tank. Hot water heater gets filled from there. You can hear it if you listen, it’s located under the sink. Check to make sure nothing is going into fresh by opening the gate valve under the trailer between the steps and the forward axle, white handle. Sometimes during a PDI the dealer will fill the fresh tank to check it. You may not even know you are carrying water.
    2010 Tundra SR5 DC 5.7L 4x4
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Andersen WDH
    Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension Kit
    2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2104s
    2014 Jayco x17z Hybrid

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry to miss guide you. I thought yours would be the same as ours since the trailers are so similar. But after looking at GD's site it does say that your grey tank is 45 gallons where are (2) are 82 gallons. I also assumed the water hook-ups would be in the same place. Hope you get your questions answered.
    Jason & Jamie
    2016 F150 Lariat Supercrew 4x4, 5.0L, 3.55
    2020 Imagine XLS 22RBE
    The Great PNW!

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter D H View Post
    Taken delivery just over 2 weeks ago now of our unit, very pleased but either I wasnt paying attention to the walk around at the PDI or the modified Covid PDI didnt fully address all items at the time and I am afraid at that time I didnt know what I didnt know.
    But I have tried to go systematically thru the unit to understand every system using the GD Owners Manual plus all of the individual appliance manuals so that in the event of an issue I can troubleshoot. However I now have some basic questions and would appreciate your support.
    Grey tanks. According to the web site it has "a grey tank with 45 gallon capacity", the owners manual which appears to cover various models refers to 2 gray tanks (open the 1st grey tank dump valve..............repeat for 2nd grey tank). Also the Monitor panel near the entrance door shows 2 buttons for GRY1 & GRY2 with LED lights that display the fill level.
    My question is, how many Grey tanks do I have ? I can only see 1 exterior label showing Grey Tank Dump Valve and underneath the unit I only see the 1 dump valve. The Monitor panel when I press GRY1 & GRY 2 buttons they both respond with a LED display. Currently showing E for empty. If I have 2 is there a seperate switch/lever to go from GRY 1 to GRY 2 and both utilize the 1 dump valve or is this a case of the Operators Manual covering multi models ?
    Fresh Water connections. If you use the city fill connection with the blue lever set for City Water does this mean you leave the hose connected permanently while at the camp site and this by-passes the fresh water tank, also meaning the external access door has to remain open while connected ? and you do not need the water pump to operate ? I assume this also fills up the water heater somehow without filling the fresh water tank. Where the Gravity fill / Fresh water tank fill does as it suggests, you manually fill by pouring water into the Fresh water gravity fill inlet. Again I assume the water heater gets filled up somehow.
    The TV Roof Antenna, in the Operators Manual page 119 it mentions that the antenna power supply wall plate is in the "On" position and the green indicator light is illuminated. I have the wall plate as mentioned but instead of getting a green light I have a red light. It is hard to see any markings showing on or off but moving the small button (I think I press it in & out) gives you a red light or no light at all. Is this correct ? I do have some channels tuned in and if I try to watch them with a red light it is good and with no light also no picture. I am assuming this is good unless told otherwise but curious about whether I should see a green light as per the Manual.
    Monitor Panel On the Monitor Panel page 88 of the Operators Manual, you can see on the top upper left a single small button identified DSI / FLT. Not even sure if this button will light but what does DSI / FLT mean, any idea ? please. Picture attached

Thank you for your support, I am sure I will have more questions.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1090713.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	64.6 KB 
ID:	29784
    Hi Peter and welcome to the gang and the 22Mle family.
    Gray tanks, we only have 1. The panel and manual are generic across many models. I was wondering the same thing on ours at first.
    As for your fresh water connection question, yes. While connected to city water it bypasses your fresh tank. There's a trap at the bottom where you pass tyr hose through so you can lock the panel door. While connected to city water, flip the lever to fresh tank to fill it up. While on city water you do not use the water pump. When you are on city or tank, both will fill up your hot water tank. Yes, gravity fill fills up your fresh tank but you need to turn on your pump to fill the hot water tank. You also need to open a hot faucet to let the air out so the hw tank can fill up.
    Roof antenna, some have green lights some red. I too have red. Will lit, the booster is on. You'll need to scan for new channels every time you change location.
    DSI stands for direct spark ignition, FLT stands for fault. So when turning your hw tank to LP, if it doesn't light up, this light will turn on.
    I hope I answered all of your questions. If not then let us know.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum. Ynot4me2 answered perfectly. Our trailer also has a red light for the antenna booster. We have camped 23 nights so far this year with 8 more coming starting this Sunday. We love ours and are sure you will enjoy yours.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you so much Ynot4me2 for the reply, you have covered all of my points. I notice you are ON & QC, we are ON as well, near Lyndhurst on the Rideau water way, whitefish Lake.
    I do have another question if you dont mind. The unit we have has installed the 4 Season protection package, one of the items mentioned in this package is "Heated and Enclosed Underbelly with Suspended Tanks" and " Heated and Enclosed Dump Valves". Any idea how these are heated ? Is it electric ? or propane ? and what controls it ? is it just by operating the furnace ?. If so once you turn of the furnace you have no protection ? Thanks again

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter D H View Post
    Thank you so much Ynot4me2 for the reply, you have covered all of my points. I notice you are ON & QC, we are ON as well, near Lyndhurst on the Rideau water way, whitefish Lake.
    I do have another question if you dont mind. The unit we have has installed the 4 Season protection package, one of the items mentioned in this package is "Heated and Enclosed Underbelly with Suspended Tanks" and " Heated and Enclosed Dump Valves". Any idea how these are heated ? Is it electric ? or propane ? and what controls it ? is it just by operating the furnace ?. If so once you turn of the furnace you have no protection ? Thanks again
    No problem at all fellow Ontarian. We are in Ottawa but we also have a place on the McGregor lake.
    The underbelly and all works off the furnace via LP. It basically has 1 duck going under there. From what I'm told. So yes, once you turn off the furnace the underbelly is unprotected. We just got back from a 2 week road trip around the Georgian Bay and most nights were in the -1 and 2 celcius. Sure glad I had that 4 season protection. The night it went to -2c I just turn off the water valve from the camp site going to the TT. Didn't have yo worry about the rest.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, i have a 2020 22MLE.

1 - you have one grey tank and one black tank

2 - when on hookups leave the hose attached and make sure the lever is set to city water. If you want to fill your fresh water tank then switch It to fresh tank fill. Theres an overflow for the fresh water tank so you wont over fill.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast