User Tag List

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

22MLE Exterior Add-On Questions

I am currently looking at the Imagine XLS 22MLE and really like the floorplan! I have a few questions-- 1) Has anyone added a utility hitch to the back of the camper?, and 2) Has anyone added a TV mount on the side of the trailer? (there is a cable hookup on the exterior but did not see a TV mount), and 3) what set-up do you use for outdoor cooking? (there is a quick connect gas line). Appreciate your input on any of these questions.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Ed View Post
    I am currently looking at the Imagine XLS 22MLE and really like the floorplan! I have a few questions-- 1) Has anyone added a utility hitch to the back of the camper?, and 2) Has anyone added a TV mount on the side of the trailer? (there is a cable hookup on the exterior but did not see a TV mount), and 3) what set-up do you use for outdoor cooking? (there is a quick connect gas line). Appreciate your input on any of these questions.
    Hi, we added a bumper hitch to the tt bumper. I know a lot of people say not to but we only carry a light bike rack with 2 some what light bikes. I also strap diagonally from the top of the rack back to the bumper to limit bounce and side to side movements. Its work great so far but I keep an eye on it via the camera while traveling. #2 nope.. #3 we connect our travel Napoleon to the quick connect and use a travel folding table to set it on. We have a 6ft lp hose so when it's nice, I set it just outside the awning. When raining, just inside.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Imagine bumpers are rated for 150#. I have 2 storage boxes on the back bumper but relocated the spare tire to under the frame.
    2019 F-250 Supercab
    2017 Imagine 2650RK

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the info. Has anyone tried welding a utility hitch onto the frame to increase carrying capacity? I would be a little concerned about welding anything to the frame and about how the extra weight on the back of the trailer would impact towing. I am only wanting to carry a bike or two, but I have read that when the trailer gets bouncing on roads it puts a lot of stress back there.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the info. Has anyone tried welding a utility hitch onto the frame to increase carrying capacity? I would be a little concerned about welding anything to the frame and about how the extra weight on the back of the trailer would impact towing. I am only wanting to carry a bike or two, but I have read that when the trailer gets bouncing on roads it puts a lot of stress back there.
    It voids the warranty if you weld anything to the frame. I might entertain that idea when mine runs out.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn’t want to add the weight of bikes to the rear bumper or spend too much money on a solution so we came up with this idea. It’s not perfect but not too expensive. It can hold one bike, we put the other one in the truck bed. We can still slip by to use the bathroom if needed.

I put cushions on both sides, a rubber mat under the rear tire stand and one under the quick release fork mount, second photo. I then tether the bike with bungie cords to the dinette table support which is fairly sturdy since it also acts as a bed.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6CD8AC2C-1DFF-42CD-9307-52C3DC862148.jpeg 
Views:	27 
Size:	78.5 KB 
ID:	29836

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9BFFD30D-47A5-493F-8B5B-80E3BA00F41C.jpeg 
Views:	23 
Size:	77.8 KB 
ID:	29837
    2010 Tundra SR5 DC 5.7L 4x4
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Andersen WDH
    Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension Kit
    2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2104s
    2014 Jayco x17z Hybrid

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you had another thread saying your were getting an SUV? If that’s still the case this solution may work by putting your bikes inside the SUV.

I have an ‘03 Sequoia, removed 3rd row seats leaving a big flat floor. Fold up one 2nd row seat, put the double bike stand in, remove the front wheels and attach the forks to the quick releases and close the hatch. It swallows both bikes. That’s what we did when we towed our previous two TTs with our SUV.
    2010 Tundra SR5 DC 5.7L 4x4
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Andersen WDH
    Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension Kit
    2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2104s
    2014 Jayco x17z Hybrid

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, I am getting the SUV. I didn't think about taking the back seat out but that could work. I will have to try that out. I also like that idea of a simple bike rack inside the trailer.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmbopp View Post
    Imagine bumpers are rated for 150#. I have 2 storage boxes on the back bumper but relocated the spare tire to under the frame.
    I want to add a bumper rack (weighs 55lbs) and a box for random things. Maybe 100-120 lbs total, but wasn't sure if that is 150 stationary lbs or if that includes the bounce of driving. Haven't been able to find concrete info.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Average Jane View Post
    I want to add a bumper rack (weighs 55lbs) and a box for random things. Maybe 100-120 lbs total, but wasn't sure if that is 150 stationary lbs or if that includes the bounce of driving. Haven't been able to find concrete info.
    Its only stationary. Its not recommended to attach anything to the bumper. Some do like me. We have a bike rack with 2 bike. I have them tied back diagonally to minimize bounce. So far so good. I planon adding these to the bumper
    https://www.amazon.ca/Mount-n-Lock-S.../dp/B084ZTHPTK
    And this to where the bike rack attaches to the hitch
    https://www.etrailer.com/s.aspx?qry=..._Anti%7ERattle

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE