User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jleonard View Post
    I'm a Florida resident and I have mixed emotions about opening everything up. I know the economy needs it so yea to that.
    We live in a relatively lightly infected county (Pasco) and we are and have been careful as far as staying safe . We have a small (10) group of friends we socialize with who are also all careful.
    We wear masks in the stores etc as required, it wouldn't bother me to go without one either if allowed.
    We did as a group, go to one bar/restaurant 2 months ago that was all outdoors and I was appalled at the complete disregard for care. No masks by the waiters or bartender, bar was elbow to elbow and 2 people deep and it looked like old home week when one of the "regulars" showed up.
    We were a distance away at our own table so we social distanced, but I won't go back there.
    We still do go out to restaurants but less often that we used to, still do our shopping, get haircuts, etc. I try not to touch things as much though, but I don't sanitize the carts.
    I honestly think there is way too much BS about this covid disease by the media, and they are putting unnecessary fear in people.
    That said to each his/her own do what you think is required, but don't live in as much fear.
    Cheers.
    I sold my house in Lakeland Florida June 2019 lucky me. In our community there of about 600 homes about 175 are owned by Canadians, so far I know of only 1 couple flying down this winter, the wife is American. None of the other couples are heading south. Two reasons being without a car would be a huge problem and the handling of Covid-19 by the state. One of our friends a Senior VP with the Royal Bank he was talking to an MP about the border and the governments plan for reopening. While it will continue on a month to month review the Federal government has 3 scenarios worked out. One is the border stays closed till 2022. A recent poll by a national magazine showed 90% of Canadians want the border to remain closed till Jan 2021 at least. The economical fallout for Florida is not going to be pretty. When the Canadian dollar was down to below .65 a lot of people still went south but didn't spend a lot. The choice of driving south has been totally removed from that decision this year. With 700 cases reported in Ontario Sept 28th and over 500 cases Sept 29th this is going to get a lot uglier before it gets better.
    2020 Imagine 2450RL
    Wasaga Beach Ontario Canada
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 Trailer Tow Package
    Eaz-Lift Elite WD Hitch 14,000lb capacity 1,200lb bars

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bertschb View Post
    I have an idea for those who are worried about people re-opening their businesses so their employees can feed their families and make their mortgage payments- stay home! Yes, it is that simple. If you're worried about the virus, stay home and self isolate. If you do that and take simple precautions while at home, you won't get the virus. Let other people do what they think is right. Your choice won't affect them and their choice won't affect you. And no, the health care system won't collapse. Folks already tried that line.

For those who think I'm crazy I ask this - what will it take for you to want to re-open the country? Are you waiting for a vaccine? What if it takes two more years to get a vaccine? What if there never is a vaccine? What if a vaccine is only as effective as the seasonal flu vaccine? What exactly are you waiting for? I think the leaders who are choosing to keep everything locked down aren't asking this simple question.

I wear a mask when in public places, respect people's space when I see them outside and assume every person I meet is worried about the virus and treat the situation accordingly. But I couldn't care less what other people do. It's none of my business.

I've been trying to stay out of these virus threads but after seven months of end times predictions, it's getting old. Flame suit on! Fire away!

Perfectly said!

Before a vaccine is developed, tested, distributed and administered to the majority of Americans, Covid will have mutated into something else. If people are putting all the eggs in that basket, they had better accept the fact that they will never leave their homes, travel, eat out, etc. for the rest of their lives.
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Sold: 2015 27RL
    2016 Ram 3500 Crewcab Cummins SRW

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see the closer you get to cities and such, the more forced mask use and the more people willing to wear them. Because of that, I stay away from the more urban places and stick to the more urban side of suburban areas to more rural areas where I don't carry a mask and I do what I want, eat what I want and go anywhere I want while steering clear of the covid spooked city folks. I've really not worn a mask since this all started, and I only go where I do not get forced to. Even at the worst of it, I would wear a mask to get into the door of Wallmart and as soon as I crossed the threshold I dropped it. Honestly, I don;t know anyone who is supportive of the mask thing.

Like my father says (71 yrs old).... "I sat on the back of a manure spreader, covered in crap and eating my lunch all my childhood and young adult life. I'm not about to be scared of germs, bacteria or anything else." I kind of agree. I've never been even a litle worried about sanitizers, I'll still drop food, wipe the grit off and eat it from the floor. I'm sure that my immune system is well equipped. And if not... So what? People die. We've been doing it for a long time, I suspect we are not done dying yet. Cancer, obesity, flues, aids, and 10,000 other ways to die are out there. I'm not worried about those as I sit here with a dip in my mouth, 40 lbs overweight and eating sausage. Life goes on, until it doesn't. But I am not skipping a day of living my life as I want.

And like mentioned, anyone can feel free to buy SCBA units, N95 masks, stay at home, and employ any means of personal protection that they wish. Just stay out of my life.

Flame suit on for me also, but I never did bite my tongue on this. I have been a non compliant since day 1.
    2020.5 Reflection 311BHS Dual AC, 2019 Ram 2500 Bighorn Level 2, 3.73 / 392 Hemi 14,404.34 lb towing and 3,004.34 payload, 2019 F-150 King Ranch 3.5EB CC/LB, 2016 Cherokee Trailhawk, 2014 Wrangler Willys Edition, 2019 Iron Bull 14K 22' Equipment Trailer, 2019 Quality Trailers 7K 18' Utility Trailer

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ​No politics allowed, thread closed
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12