User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Covid 19 no longer a problem in Florida??

It was recently announced that all bars and restaurants can now operate at 100% capacity.
    You just gotta wonder, what are they thinking? Maybe disney put pressure on. They are included as well..
    It was also announced that there will be no further shutdowns in case of resurgence.
    ~Dean

2019 Ford F250 Supercab, 6.2L
    2023 GD Imagine AIM 18BH
    2012 Harley FLHRC, Deep Purple,; 2012 Honda PCX150
    "Auctioneer, specializing in FL onsite auctions"

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigSwick View Post
    It was recently announced that all bars and restaurants can now operate at 100% capacity.
    You just gotta wonder, what are they thinking? Maybe disney put pressure on. They are included as well..
    It was also announced that there will be no further shutdowns in case of resurgence.
    Guess DW and I will not be heading to Florida anytime soon.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigSwick View Post
    Really?

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am from Florida and I to was WHAT?! We are on the last day of a 9 day trip in Georgia at 3 different parks. My observation has been that some people are taking precautions but I feel like most are not.

I believe that no matter where you are each person is responsible for their own safety and precautions. Which is different for each person. We shouldn't have to rely on someone to to tell us to do the right thing.

That was the primary reason for buying a new self contained rig. We can go where we would like to any be safe doing it.
    Mike & Lisa
    Central Florida
    2021 Imagine 2970RL
    1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Different strokes....Province of Ontario has introduced further limits on bars and restaurants, even closed all strip joints. Amazing how two different jurisdictions can act for the benefit of their citizens in two completely different ways.
    Judy & Larry
    Ty and Ali the St Bernard drool machines
    Delta, British Columbia, GWN
    2019 Imagine 2150RB - lovingly christened “IM-A-GENE” towed by Dusty via Andersen 3350.
    2018 F150 SCREW 3.5 EcoBoost Lariat - respectfully christened “Dusty”.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I care a lot less what other people do now that I can get N95 masks again. They aren't prefect protection from it, but they are pretty effective. You want to get it, party on Wayne, but at least I have a way to prevent myself from getting it, so the actions of others matter less to me now.

People have gotten really, really lax about it in my area, very few masks when out and about now. I just spend most of my time at home, camping, or on the road, so I don't see much of it, but, when I have to buy something locally, it's pretty common to see 10% masks or less. Sad, because some of those people, no question, will get it, and some of those people, well, will die. I guess that's just the way it is, but it's really darn easy to wear a mask and end both the pandemic and also the death toll.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a Florida resident and I have mixed emotions about opening everything up. I know the economy needs it so yea to that.
    We live in a relatively lightly infected county (Pasco) and we are and have been careful as far as staying safe . We have a small (10) group of friends we socialize with who are also all careful.
    We wear masks in the stores etc as required, it wouldn't bother me to go without one either if allowed.
    We did as a group, go to one bar/restaurant 2 months ago that was all outdoors and I was appalled at the complete disregard for care. No masks by the waiters or bartender, bar was elbow to elbow and 2 people deep and it looked like old home week when one of the "regulars" showed up.
    We were a distance away at our own table so we social distanced, but I won't go back there.
    We still do go out to restaurants but less often that we used to, still do our shopping, get haircuts, etc. I try not to touch things as much though, but I don't sanitize the carts.
    I honestly think there is way too much BS about this covid disease by the media, and they are putting unnecessary fear in people.
    That said to each his/her own do what you think is required, but don't live in as much fear.
    Cheers.
    Jay Leonard
    New Port Richey, Fl
    2022 Imagine 2600 RB, 2021 Ram 2500 CC Bighorn 6.7L Cummins

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jleonard View Post
    I'm a Florida resident and I have mixed emotions about opening everything up. I know the economy needs it so yea to that.
    We live in a relatively lightly infected county (Pasco) and we are and have been careful as far as staying safe . We have a small (10) group of friends we socialize with who are also all careful.
    We wear masks in the stores etc as required, it wouldn't bother me to go without one either if allowed.
    We did as a group, go to one bar/restaurant 2 months ago that was all outdoors and I was appalled at the complete disregard for care. No masks by the waiters or bartender, bar was elbow to elbow and 2 people deep and it looked like old home week when one of the "regulars" showed up.
    We were a distance away at our own table so we social distanced, but I won't go back there.
    We still do go out to restaurants but less often that we used to, still do our shopping, get haircuts, etc. I try not to touch things as much though, but I don't sanitize the carts.
    I honestly think there is way too much BS about this covid disease by the media, and they are putting unnecessary fear in people.
    That said to each his/her own do what you think is required, but don't live in as much fear.
    Cheers.
    Another Florida resident here. I think the Florida Governor made a big mistake.

Once you have a friend who dies from Covid, like I did, you will not think it’s BS by the media. My friend was 60 years old, no underlying medical conditions and played tennis 6 days a week.

My sister in California got it 4 months ago and she is still having breathing issues. She’s now considered a “long hauler”

This virus is invisible. Being invisible it’s easy to drop your guard and go on with business as usual. I hope we don’t get back to having to bring in refrigerated trucks to store the overflow of bodies like they did in NY. That wasn’t BS.

A full blown Super Bowl in Tampa In 4 months? REALLY?

This Saturday my BIL from SC is going to a wedding in central Florida with 125 people attending the reception. They already announced that no one would be wearing masks and that God would protect them. They wanted to stay with us for the week and we said NO.

We live in Manatee county but have been staying at our vacation cabin in a remote gated community Ft Drum 95% of the time. The only case in the gated community was the one management office worker who believes she got it at church.

I use disposable gloves when pumping gas, wear a mask anytime we are out, order food online at Walmart and have them put it in the truck bed without getting out of the truck. Flowbee for haircuts. Order stuff online and have delivered from Walmart, Amazon, Sams Club, Lowe’s etc.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have an idea for those who are worried about people re-opening their businesses so their employees can feed their families and make their mortgage payments- stay home! Yes, it is that simple. If you're worried about the virus, stay home and self isolate. If you do that and take simple precautions while at home, you won't get the virus. Let other people do what they think is right. Your choice won't affect them and their choice won't affect you. And no, the health care system won't collapse. Folks already tried that line.

For those who think I'm crazy I ask this - what will it take for you to want to re-open the country? Are you waiting for a vaccine? What if it takes two more years to get a vaccine? What if there never is a vaccine? What if a vaccine is only as effective as the seasonal flu vaccine? What exactly are you waiting for? I think the leaders who are choosing to keep everything locked down aren't asking this simple question.

I wear a mask when in public places, respect people's space when I see them outside and assume every person I meet is worried about the virus and treat the situation accordingly. But I couldn't care less what other people do. It's none of my business.

I've been trying to stay out of these virus threads but after seven months of end times predictions, it's getting old. Flame suit on! Fire away!
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTEnce you have a friend who dies from Covid, like I did, you will not think it’s BS by the media. My friend was 60 years old, no underlying medical conditions and played tennis 6 days a week.

My sister in California got it 4 months ago and she is still having breathing issues. She’s now considered a “long hauler”][/QUOTE]

I'm sorry for your losses.
    Jay Leonard
    New Port Richey, Fl
    2022 Imagine 2600 RB, 2021 Ram 2500 CC Bighorn 6.7L Cummins

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast