Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Imagine XLS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Imagine XLS

Is any of this possible with an Imagine XLS? The Imagine XLS has an analog convenience center. Is it possible to add an automation panel that can monitor (internally and remotely), control?

I'd start with some panel that can connect to existing sensors and then start to add more, like propane, voltage, HVAC, fridge, AC stats, water pressure, water temps, lighting.

The question is does the panel tech exist for RVs? I know they exist in building automation, marine and may other industries.

Thanks,
    2021 Grand Design Imagine XLS 23BHE
    2021 GMC Yukon Denali W/Duramax

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IMHO, it's a lot of time and money for minimal return. Maybe if you full-timed in a Solitude and did a lot of boondocking but not on a XLS
    2019 F-250 Supercab
    2017 Imagine 2650RK

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why do you want the new Compass Control Panel? It is all gimick. I have a 2019 Imagine XLS 19RLE. I added a Progressive Control HW30C and a AiLi Battery Monitor with a hall sensor. Both have remote display panels with I mounted in a convenient place. These are the two things that I think all trailer should have. The existing control panel works fine. You just have to go up to it to use it Any black, grey and fresh water tank will be off. The battery monitor on the new panel will not give you the info you need.
    Cheers

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Monitoring is nice if they added WiFi support. But to answer the question, the ability to monitor for example the fresh water tank while filling is nice. Sure you can put a meter on the hose and count the gallons... you still need to track your starting point so the gauge still plays a part.

Opening the slide and awning from outside is also helpful. Safer to watch it physically.

Can you get up to turn the lights on, sure it is just convenience.

Convenience is relative and sometimes addictive.. we could all pitch a tent too :-)

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by looknow12 View Post
    Monitoring is nice if they added WiFi support. But to answer the question, the ability to monitor for example the fresh water tank while filling is nice. Sure you can put a meter on the hose and count the gallons... you still need to track your starting point so the gauge still plays a part.

Opening the slide and awning from outside is also helpful. Safer to watch it physically.

Can you get up to turn the lights on, sure it is just convenience.

Convenience is relative and sometimes addictive.. we could all pitch a tent too :-)
    I have compass connect and doubt it would be that accurate to use it in any way to fill the fresh water
    I haven’t filled my fresh water yet to check as it is still to cold here
    The tank has an overflow when it is full
    If my trailer didn’t have compass I personally wouldn’t care

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by looknow12 View Post
    That alone makes the Compass Connect worth it for me.
    Mike & (RIP Karen)
    2021 Imagine 2600RB
    2011 Toyota Tundra 5.7 RW, Tow Package
    Husky Centerline WDH
    Champion 2500DF, Prodigy P2