User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LED tail lights 2021 Rd260

Found my right rear tail light not working checked for power had 13 volts on connection after removing tail light found it had water in it these lights are not sealed completely causing them to short out the LED.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Found the same thing on my right rear tail light. Have you replaced it? If you did where did you fine the replacement.
    Thanks

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranrtek View Post
    Found my right rear tail light not working checked for power had 13 volts on connection after removing tail light found it had water in it these lights are not sealed completely causing them to short out the LED.
    Had the same problem with the left rear tail light last week... I’m not near a dealer. I called Gran Design customer service. I explained the problem and told them that I was willing to pay for a new tail light if they would send me one, because I couldn’t find a direct replacement anywhere. It would be way cheaper than the multi hour round trip to a dealer for the warranty work . To their credit, they overnighted me a replacement part, no charge. The light swap took less than 10 minutes, including scraping the old silicone sealant.

If you get one from them, it won’t come with a rubber gasket on the back that seals the hole that the wires come through. I was able to peel the old one off and reuse it.

The right side has water in it as well, so I think it’s just a matter of time. I’ll probably get some aftermarket surface mount taillights from etrailer when the next one fails, after it’s out of warranty. There’s another thread on this with a link, good ones are about $60@

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While this is an older post, I had a tail light beginning to fail on my 2021 2500 RL. Not sure if the light caused a problem with my truck or if the truck wiring harness module failure under the bed caused the light issue. Had the issue with the truck fixed, then called GD for the tail light part. They no longer use that light but provided the manufacturer item number for my unit. Was unable to find that particular item anywhere but found a replacement by the manufacturer at Advanced Auto for $20. You Tube Video from someone with similar repair gave me the info I needed to make the swap myself. Fixed and no issues. Just updating this post with my experience.

mjg
    MJGUTH
    2021 Imagine 2500RL
    2019 GMC Denali 1500 6.2L
    Curt TruTrack 15K WDH