User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Isn't hitch height only way to retract back legs when hooking up without pressing retract all ? I thought you want back legs up before hooking trailer to 5th wheel? I'm new at this . Sorry just need clarification

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kalamazootx View Post
    Isn't hitch height only way to retract back legs when hooking up without pressing retract all ? I thought you want back legs up before hooking trailer to 5th wheel? I'm new at this . Sorry just need clarification
    If you use the LCD or phone app in manual mode and raise the rear jacks, the middle and rear will retract.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bama Hammer View Post
    Well that explains allot. I have been manually getting the rig close to level before using the auto function. I’ll try going straight to auto. Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It is a thing of beauty when it works right. To drop the trailer, I hit 3 buttons. First the drop front jacks. Second manually raise the front until I have a gap at the hitch (still in the drop front jack mode). Pull the truck away, and hit auto level. When I connect, I go to the second mode, "Auto Reconnect". A thing of beauty when it works.
    Bill & Marsha
    2020 Reflection 320 MKS
    2018 2500HD Silverado 4x4
    Not All Who Wander Are Lost

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kalamazootx View Post
    It is not the only way but it is the easy way. I have a Superglide and find that the auto reconnect feature is a one push solution to get the pin very close to hook up height. I back the truck up while the reconnect feature is doing it's thing. When it's done, I only have to lower the pin slightly to exact hook up height (pin box riding up hitch plate). Auto Reconnect does not put the pin exactly the right height to back into without some adjustment since the pin plate needs to be raised off of the hitch plate a bit to pull out. That height is where the auto reconnect puts the pin. Maybe I've been lucky but it's worked flawlessly for me for over 3 years now. The more you push the buttons, the more confused things get.
    2018 Reflection 303RLS
    2006 Chev 2500HD Duramax CC/SB/4X4
    Superglide2700 Bakflip F1

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Question.... I have a 2021 337RLS... Hitch Height never works... not even close... I thought it was a 'user error'... but after reading about how it is supposed to work, I guess it will need to be a warranty issue.

I pull into the site, lower the front gear, take some weight off of the hitch, unhook my 7-way, pull out from the trailer, do the auto level thing.... all is good... but when I get ready to leave the park, I push Hitch Height and the front of the trailer comes up a tad... but not even close to what is needed... so I have to raise the front end of the trailer until I get about the correct height, back up to make sure... make any changes and then go ahead and back to engage the hitch....

Soooo, it is an annoying feature that has not once worked to get me in the ballpark of what is needed....

So am I correct, probably a warranty issue?

Thx
    Cowboychincs
    2021 Grand Design Reflection 337 RLS
    2021 Ford F-350 6.7L Diesel Platinum
    Castle Rock, CO

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ya...never worked very well for me either.
    I have no confidence in the local GD dealer. Guys there would probably make it worse. So going the manual route is ok with me. Although...sometimes it works.
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowboychincs View Post

Thx
    Yup...but good luck getting someone at the dealer that could fix it.....

Sorry...just getting a little cynical....it's old age I think.....
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowboychincs View Post
    Question.... I have a 2021 337RLS... Hitch Height never works... not even close... I thought it was a 'user error'... but after reading about how it is supposed to work, I guess it will need to be a warranty issue.

I pull into the site, lower the front gear, take some weight off of the hitch, unhook my 7-way, pull out from the trailer, do the auto level thing.... all is good... but when I get ready to leave the park, I push Hitch Height and the front of the trailer comes up a tad... but not even close to what is needed... so I have to raise the front end of the trailer until I get about the correct height, back up to make sure... make any changes and then go ahead and back to engage the hitch....

Soooo, it is an annoying feature that has not once worked to get me in the ballpark of what is needed....

Thx
    Reset the zero point for the system. Google for instructions. If that does not help disconnect the trailer battery, reconnect the battery and do a zero point reset. Mine got confused one time and resetting zero fixed it.
    2020 Reflection 337RLS
    2020 F350 Dually

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Always Learning View Post
    Reset the zero point for the system. Google for instructions. If that does not help disconnect the trailer battery, reconnect the battery and do a zero point reset. Mine got confused one time and resetting zero fixed it.
    Do not do a zero point reset until you verify that your sensors are mounted properly. My rear sensor had its mounting holes stripped at the factory. I found it just laying on top of the coroplast.If your sensors are free to move around, no amount of rezeroing will work. After I mounted my sensor properly, my system has been flawless. It should not ever need to be rezeroed unless there is a sensor problem.... Make sure that there isn't before moving on to other potential problems.
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bama Hammer View Post
    My 2021 Reflection 31MB has the lippert 3.0 auto level system with the small button pad located up front outside near the hitch. The pad has a hitch button, which seems to be pre-programmed to a set height. Is there a way to change/re-learn this set height? Currently it is too low for me to back under with out using the manual adjustments to raise the rig.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Here is a link to the Lippert 3.0 manual.

https://lci-support-doc.s3.amazonaws...cd-0001518.pdf

My 337 is one year older than your rig and my 3.0 control panel matches the gray version in the manual. I do not have a “hitch button”. If your control panel does not match the Lippert docs, maybe Grand Design had a custom control panel made. When we are ready to return to hitch height we press the left and right arrows at the same time then release them and it goes back to hitch height. I am not sure where I originally found pressing the arrows since it is not in the online manual but it works on mine. It might be in my printed docs that came with the trailer. Since people report the leveling system works differently for them I suspect that functionality may be related to the version of software on your system. Have you called Grand Design to discuss this problem? They might be able to help.
    2020 Reflection 337RLS
    2020 F350 Dually

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast