User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Automatic hitch height feature

My 2021 Reflection 31MB has the lippert 3.0 auto level system with the small button pad located up front outside near the hitch. The pad has a hitch button, which seems to be pre-programmed to a set height. Is there a way to change/re-learn this set height? Currently it is too low for me to back under with out using the manual adjustments to raise the rig.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It shouldn't be a set height. It should return to the height at which the auto level button was depressed.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    It shouldn't be a set height. It should return to the height at which the auto level button was depressed.
    This is correct.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well that explains allot. I have been manually getting the rig close to level before using the auto function. I’ll try going straight to auto. Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll say it. The automatic hitch height feature sucks.

It will set the hitch height when you press auto-level. Great! Except it won't if the trailer is at all 'nose down' when autolevel is started. For me, most of the time....

Why? Here's what I think - I think some doof out there backed their truck under the trailer then pressed hitch height and the system promptly lowered the trailer onto the truck. So...code change...hitch height feature only works if raising the nose. Dumb.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Works good for us...the only time I had an issue I went in and calibrated “level”. This is once in three years.
    Ed
    Eddie, Cindy, n Maddie (our fearless Yorkie)
    2012 F-350 LWB 4x4 6.7 SRW C-cab with B&W Turnover + Companion pulling a 2017 307MKS Reflection

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bama Hammer View Post
    My 2021 Reflection 31MB has the lippert 3.0 auto level system with the small button pad located up front outside near the hitch. The pad has a hitch button, which seems to be pre-programmed to a set height. Is there a way to change/re-learn this set height? Currently it is too low for me to back under with out using the manual adjustments to raise the rig.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I will mirror what others have said and add a little. After you ground the front landing gear remove the weight off of the hitch in the bed of the truck, I usually lift it off the hitch off about a quarter of an inch. Then pull the truck all the way out from underneath the Kingpin. Then press auto level. The system will lower the nose of the trailer down almost all the way, that's why you want your truck out of the way, and then it will raise it up and level front to back 1st and then side to side. If you make any manual adjustments after disconnecting the truck the auto hitch mode will not work as designed. I still find our auto hitch places the trailer about a 1/2 an inch lower than where it started but in for me that is good enough.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    I will mirror what others have said and add a little. After you ground the front landing gear remove the weight off of the hitch in the bed of the truck, I usually lift it off the hitch off about a quarter of an inch. Then pull the truck all the way out from underneath the Kingpin. Then press auto level. The system will lower the nose of the trailer down almost all the way, that's why you want your truck out of the way, and then it will raise it up and level front to back 1st and then side to side. If you make any manual adjustments after disconnecting the truck the auto hitch mode will not work as designed. I still find our auto hitch places the trailer about a 1/2 an inch lower than where it started but in for me that is good enough.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    That's exactly what I have found - the auto hitch height isn't exact, a bit low, but it's pretty good and quite helpful to get it there.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tried the auto hitch height yesterday. It gave me the error “Feature disabled”. How can I enable the auto hitch height feature?
    Dennis, Pat, Prince and the Lady - Western New York
    2018 Solitude 310GK- 2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW - Blue Ox Super Ride

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bama Hammer View Post
    Well that explains allot. I have been manually getting the rig close to level before using the auto function. I’ll try going straight to auto. Thank you!
    @jmbrenner has already reported a caveat about the auto-hitch-height feature, I'll report another.

Our Pullrite Superglide hitch requires the trailer to be a few inches lower when hooking up than when unhooking.

Unhooking is like most other hitches... take most of the weight off, release, and pull away. However the hitch won't hook up reliably at that height and can even damage the hitch. For hooking up the trailer must be lowered such that it rides up heavily onto the king plate as you back into it, inches lower than the unhooking height. Auto-hitch-height feature is useless to us.

Just in case you or someone else needs that information some day!
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast