User Tag List

Thread: New 385GK

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question New 385GK

Hi,
    We just picked up a new 385GK and are still moving stuff from our previous RV. So far so good, a few minor issues that resulted from the dealer not doing very good on quality control before us picking it up.

The one that’s on us is that we didn’t check the bathroom out well enough before signing on the dotted line. Any other 385 owners out there that can tell me where we can hang bath towels. Everyone has warned us in the past not to use Command hooks on the wallpaper so that’s out. This unit has a pocket door so that’s out too. The only place I can see that might work is on the back wall of the shower surround.

Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks so much.
    Last edited by Mfdchief; 09-28-2020 at 11:12 AM.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mfdchief View Post
    ... Everyone has warned us in the past not to use Command hooks on the wallpaper so that’s out. This unit has a pocket door so that’s out too. The only place I can see that might work is on the back wall of the shower surround.

Any advise will be appreciated. Thanks so much.
    We have had great Luck with Command hangers for towels in our 380FL. I even have a hand vac suspended by one.
    Home is where you park it!
    2021 Solitude 380FL
    2014 Silverado 3500HD LTZ DRW 6.6L Duramax Allison 6 Speed
    RVing since 1996; Full Time since 2018

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats on your 385GK.
    2022 GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    2023 North Point 310RLTS
    MSG Retired Army

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    congrats! we have a combination of command hooks and a 3-piece sticky back bathroom set off of amazon. this is the first trip out with the set from amazon and they held up with the towels hung during travel (so far). I thought it was annoying that these weren't setup when we took order of ours but it's worked out that we've been able to customize the locations.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mfdchief View Post
    The one that’s on us is that we didn’t check the bathroom out well enough before signing on the dotted line. Any other 385 owners out there that can tell me where we can hang bath towels. Everyone has warned us in the past not to use Command hooks on the wallpaper so that’s out. This unit has a pocket door so that’s out too. The only place I can see that might work is on the back wall of the shower surround.
    Odd that there's nothing. Our 310GK came with a 4" board at chin height running the width of the wall behind the toilet. On it were mounted three of the cheapest-possible little double coat hooks; I replaced them with three nice big ones.

I just looked at your floor plan and you seem to have a flat wall behind the toilet similar in width to ours. There's almost certainly framing behind that wall - at least at its edges if not in its breadth too - and those 2" X 2" wood frames (1.5" X 1.5" actual size) would hold a towel rack like ours just fine. Even if only the edges offer framing, and certainly if there's framing between the edges.

If I was you I wouldn't use the stick-on hooks, I'd use a stud finder to find framing and if there put up several strong hooks on a nice-looking board.

Good luck with your choices.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations on the 385GK. In my 385 I was able to add two towel bars on the wall behind the toilet. There are 2x4 studs in that wall.
    2020 Solitude 385 GK R
    2019 F-350 Diesel King Ranch SRW
    Load Lifter 5000 lb Air Lift Airbags

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the reply’s, I was able to install a double hook on the pocket door wall into a metal stud. So far so good. Thanks again!

Mark